Chapter 26

-Smut. You should know it meAns sorry guys for the 5k reads I never expected this to get so much thank u everyone!-

Mello's P.o.V.

God knows I don't sleep anymore. I wonder how I manage it, when I finally shut my eyes around dusk, how I can stop thinking about that damned boy. I don't know how I do it.

Four.

That's how many years it's been since I last saw him alive, I remember that day as clear as if it occurred yesterday. How he had smiled, not too wide and creepy like his typical cocky grin, but more of a soft, broken halfhearted smile. His eyes, how they had widened and fluttered shut, and most of all, I remember how hopeless I was in the situation. I never expected him to come back, to actually return and to our newly bought home, after all the time I spent chasing after what seemed to be a wisp of a faded tale, a person that had managed to remove every evidence that marked his existence on this planet, BB had done it.

He held true to his word and got his revenge.

We had moved into the one story home in L. A., California, because why not? We were of age, well at least I was, it was affordable and travelling countries became a bore. I thought we could settle down for a bit and Near had agreed with me. We'd been together so long... I wondered when I was going to tie the knot, to make our relationship permanent.. Of course, his birthday was around the corner and then it would be easier to get married, Near would be eighteen. So it would be completely legal.

I remember checking out apartments, something classy and long-term and he shook his head in disapproval,"Mihael.. A home would be more reassuring, especially since.." He was hesitant to say the last part but I could already tell what he wanted.

Nate actually wanted a family. He wanted a kid or two, he wanted to raise a child with me and take care of them more than his life itself. I could care less, but if it made him happy, I was all for it. I would give anything to see his face light up, anything to keep my angel happy. I nodded,"Yeah, I guess. I'll check out the houses then."

I could make out the faint grin on his face. He leaned over and gazed at the computer screen. For the meantime, we were staying at La Quinta Hotel, it was what most would say a lavish, high class luxury. But in my eyes, the suite was mediocre and somewhat given too much credit for such a pathetic place. I scrolled through houses, too big, too small, too cheap. I sighed. This was going to be such a hassle. I skimmed through the offers, not paying much attention to what was on my laptop and more or less all I could concentrate was on Near's soft, rhythmic breathing. Then I wryly had another thought about his breathing on another night and how it hadn't been so controlled at the time... I smiled to myself and Near pointed at the bright screen.

"I like that one."

It reminded me of his parents house. I tightened my free hand into a fist, blood chilling at the fact that BB was still out there... Red eyes haunting my mind.

"That one it is." I bookmarked the place and shut my laptop, setting it on the desk to my right and stretching on the bed, laying seductively and staring up at Near. Tonight, I wanted some.

"So, sexy, come here often?" I winked and he blinked. After so much time together, he was still clueless to pick up lines. And it was us alone, just he and I, no cases to solve, no pestering best friends, nothing to distract us. I wanted something to do. Particularly Near.

"This is my first time in this hotel?"

"Gods, Near, don't take that so literally. You're still so dense."

He snorted,"Yeah, I'm dense, Mello it would be nice to not see you get so 'dense' every night."

I realized the lump in my pants right then and there.