Chapter 21

'Almost there, Almost there' I kept telling myself. I could feel close to Bilbo. He was in trouble, and I was getting worried.

I saw the rest of the company. I stayed low, so they didn't see me. I saw a small opening in the mountain. That's probably how Bilbo got a hold of me.

It was only big enough so a human size. I needed to do it fast.

I quickly changed back into my human form. Catching Sapphire in my arms as I did.

"Look at me" she did, but shutting her eyes do to how fast we were traveling to the mountain. "I'm going to change back into a small dragon after we make it into the mountain. You need to be quiet" she nodded.

I saw ground as we passed through the hole. I changed back into a dragon and looked for Bilbo. Trying to stay clear of Smaug.

I finally saw Bilbo hiding from Smaug , under a platform. I manage to get under there without Smaug seeing me.

Bilbo was a tad frightened when he saw a dragon but when I changed back into a human he sighed in relief.

"Oh hello" he smiled

"Hello to you to. And congratulations you've just became an uncle." He gave me a weird look "You need to watch Sapphire. Her life is in your hands"

He grabbed Sapphire's hand. I started to walk away.

"What about yours" I turned, raising my brow "Your life I mean"

"Bilbo, my life is in no one's hands. I'm not important" I looked down

"You are important to me and obviously this little girl. I'll keep her safe." I smiled, rumbling snapped me out of it.

I walked out and on to the platform.

"HEY FISH BREATH" I yelled
Smaug turned from where he stood.

"Oh barrel rider has a friend" he said. And when he got closer to me he took in a deep breath. "Your not scared. Somethings up with you" he stepped back.

"Dragon borns aren't scared of anything" I changed into my snow white form.

"Beautiful, even more when your dead" he roared

I breathed out ice, he quickly dodge it. Then I attacked him. Trying to claw him anywhere and anyway I could.

He spun around in his spot after I clawed his shoulder and his claws met my face.

"NOOOO" A loud shout came from somewhere. I couldn't see how bad I was hurt but all I knew was that he got me pretty good.

I regained my balance. I saw Smaug headed towards the company.

'Wait when did they get here' I saw Sapphire. Her face had fear written all over it.

He couldn't get to her. I ran towards, jumping on his back. Biting him were I could.

---------------'

Thorin's POV

Once Laci left I felt like I was gonna die. I wanted to stop her and call her back but this is what I wanted. Right?

Yes of course.

We made it to the mountain, may of times I need to stop and take a break. I really did feel like I was dying.

But I pushed on, glad I did too. We reached the mountain. But in time we thought we lost it, our chance to was lost. I started to blame her, blame Laci. But I couldn't everytime I tried I just couldn't.

"Thorin, lad can I have a word" Balin motioned for me. I unwilling wanted to. "I don't know where she is but she's she....." I looked as if he was trying to find the words.

"Well, go on"

"Bilbo told me, that she's dying" I felt a pain in my heart. She couldn't be she looked healthy. "Then from Kili and Fili as well. Kili told me that she took the arrow for him because she was already dying."

"But how" I whispered

"You, Thorin. Her race isn't exactly like ours. If no one like him, they just can't move on. I know you don't see it now. But you too are made for each other. True loves are pared my the soul"

I didn't want to believe it, all of it. I was killing her because I was being so selfish, so stubborn. "Send Bilbo in" was all I could say.

What if she went away so I wouldn't see her die. How could I live with myself if she did die.

---------

Bilbo had been in there awhile now.

"Look up in the sky" Kili shouted. We all look and we're amazed by what we saw.

A snow white dragon. My heart fluttered as I saw her look down on us. But then what happened next nearly stopped my heart. She turned back into her human form.

"Quickly inside the mountain" I yelled and hurried in to see if she was okay. I urged to see her again.

When we hurried down I saw them in a fight. My snow white dragon against Smaug. Smaug raised his claws and caught her above the eye. Blood immediately started to pour out.

"NOOO" I shouted. She saw us, then looked to the side of me. A little girl had locked eyes with Laci. "Bilbo, who is that"

"Umm I don't know. Laci had her, when she dropped in. She hasn't said one word"

The little girl met my eyes "Sapphire" I breathed

"Thorin" she yelled and grabbed a hold of me. I gently picked her up, holding her close to me.

There was a loud thud that made me look back to the fight. I wish I hadn't turned because I saw Laci in her human, lying motionless on the gold.

"Ahhh" the little girls screams filled my ears.

"YOU WILL BURN" Smaug shouted. I held the little girl tight and jumped down the stairs