Chapter 25

Thorin had told me that he took care of Sapphire for me. It was cute to see him trying to prove to me that he could be caring.

"How did you cross paths with her" he asked, squeezing my hand lightly.

"Your mother" he gave me a weird look. "She wanted me to return to my home land after well...I left" he had a sad look on his face.

"You know it hurt when you left. I wanted to run after you."

"Your heart wanted me near"

"Aye"

"But she was there. She had no one, she lived off of found food. She didn't know how to fight. I couldn't leave her"

"What about her parents"

"Her mother died, she hasn't told me how. Father nothing was every said. He might have left." I saw him nodded.

We stopped outside of broken down doors. "Wait here" I stood outside of the well wall.

"Daddy" I heard Sapphire yell. Wait daddy?

"Hi, how was your day?" Thorin asked her

"Alright, F-Fili tried eating me" I laughed at her

"Did he? Well I guess he will he in trouble. I have a surprise for you"

"Where"

"Go over to Fili and Kili. Then close your eyes" I heard her feet running and then they stopped. "Are they closed"

"Aye" great they rubbed off on her. I heard Thorin's heavy boots walk back over to me. I saw his head pop out.

I walked over and he took my hand. As soon as we rounded the corner many gasps came for people. I waved at Kili and Fili.

Thorin stopped and squeezed my hand before letting go. "You can open them now"

I saw Sapphire open her eyes. I fell to my knees as I saw her eye become watery.

"Mama" she whispered , than ran over to me. I wrapped my arms around her. We stayed like that for awhile, until she pulled back. "Mama"

I smiled "Hi baby" I wiped her eyes. I stood up, picking her up with me.

"This can not be" Bofur whispered, Thorin came to my side.

"Leave it alone" Thorin spat. Sapphire started playing with my hair. I put a hand on Thorin's shoulder, looking him in the eyes. They were dark, and cloudy. When they met mine they turned back to there original color.

"I died yes. But umm....ha...Thorin brought me back to life. I went through a change. That's why my hair is lighter"

Many looked to my hair. Sapphire was still playing with.

"And this little one is Sapphire"

"So that's her name"
"You have a kid"
"Wait , what"
"Because of her eyes" many started to talk.

"QUIET" Thorin yelled. I sighed

"I'm guessing she hasn't talked much." Many nodded "Yes and No to I have a kid. Yes, I care for her. I adopted her as my own. And yes, I gave her the name Sapphire because of her eyes. They reminded me of Thorin's"

Sapphire stopped playing with my hair. "Daddy" she asked. I looked over at Thorin.

"I did tell you I took care of her. She kinda attached herself to me." He explained

"Been calling him daddy sense well"

"Okay, okay. We can't correct her now. It's probably been weeks."