Chapter 24

Black

Black is all I can see. I knew I wasn't dead, but I was. I was killed by Smaug's soul but some how I'm alive again.

All I could remember was a sentence, someone had said to me.

You will always be the kings jewel, don't let anyone tell you different

The voice sounded so familiar. But I couldn't point out who it was.

I started to open my eyes. But quickly shutting them due to the bright light. After waiting for my eyes to adjust to the light. I looked around all I saw was a ceiling. I felt soft blankets beneath me.

I slowly sat up and saw I was in a room. Not just any room but a big room. I slowly got up from the bed being careful to make sure I gave my legs some time to get use to putting pressure on them. Cause for all I know I could have been out for weeks.

I walked over to a desk. Seeing medical supplies scattered all over it. Then I remembered I had been in a fight with Smaug. I looked around for a door and i found one. Walking over to the door, I pushed it open to see it was a bathroom.

I looked around the room again and found a chest. Opening it is looked for what I needed. I found a simple dress and shrugged.

"Better than nothing" I sighed. I walked back over to the bathroom and took a bath.

-------------

After much scrubbing I got all the dirt and blood off. I found it weird that I didn't have a lot of blood.

I got dressed in the light blue dress. Tying it up in the front. It was soft and warm. I was happy, plus it wasn't tight so I could move.

Deciding to go wonder around. I left my dirt clothes in the room and walked out of the door.

I looked down the hall. Doors that's all I saw. I saw a light glow and followed it.

'Erebor' Thorin's mom appeared in front of me. I jumped back.

"Can you not do that" I saw her smlie.

'Your hair, it's lighter' I reached for my hair seeing that she was right. It was now snow white. I didn't notice that but I did notice my skin got a little darker.

"Lovely, so you want to show me around" she nodded and started walking. I took off after her.

"What did I come from"

'You sleep or the hallway'

"Both I guess"

'Well you were in the royal halls. Where all the royal family lives. And as for your sleep. You were dead but Thorin brought you back to life. Then you went through a change. As you can see your skin got darker and hair lighter. Probably because of Smaug's soul."

"Wait I died"

'Yes your soul was fighting Smaug's for while. His was evil, very. Yours was pure, sweet. I guess what Thorin did gave yours a final kick to keep fighting. Oh loves so sweet" she smiled.

"What did Thorin do" I asked

"Only he can tell you that. But as it looks he needs your help right now." Then she disappeared into thin air.

"Thanks for the help" I huffed.

I saw something shiny at the end of the hall. My curiosity got the better of me and I walked down there. I ended up seeing myself in the mirror. I didn't look differnt at all. My darker skin was just a shade darker than what it was. It was just my hair that looked different.