'The Date Night!'

Alia

I woke up to the sound of my ringtone. Who could call me at... wait... 11 am on a Monday morning? My sister knows better than that, so do my friends. As I looked at the screen, an unknown number flashed before my eyes. I tried to sound as clear as possible as I spoke.

"Hello, Good morning. Am I speaking to Ms. Alia Verma?" I heard a woman ask.

"Yes. This is she."

I had no clue who I was talking to, and then as if she had heard me she spoke, answering my question.

"I am Anita Deshmukh, calling from BollyNation magazine."

Then suddenly it hit me. Was it what I was thinking? I sat up, alert, on my bed.

"We had organized a contest in relation with the release of the movie 'Rishta Yeh Kaisa' and we are pleased to inform you that your entry has been selected."

The name Samar Khan was the only thing I had on my mind as she spoke.

"Hello ma'am, are you listening?"

"Uh... yes." I was now standing on my bed.

"Congratulations ma'am. Can you confirm your availability at Shamiana, at Colaba Mumbai, seven in the evening on October 3rd?"

"Can you please repeat the venue?" I asked. I needed to be sure I had heard the name right. It was one of the costliest places in Mumbai.

She obliged and replied "Shamiana."

"Yeah... sure. I can be there."

"Okay ma'am. Thank you. We will send you a mail with the details. Thank you for your time. Enjoy your day."

"Thank you. Bye."

I could not believe what I had heard. I was going on a date with Samar Khan. I jumped up and down on my bed. Thank god, no one was home. Else, they would have for sure though that I had gone crazy.

I could not stop smiling the whole time. Diya had already prepared breakfast before she left, so I helped myself to it. I cleaned the whole house; well, I do that when I am extremely happy. Do not judge me.

Samar

"They have a winner for the contest." My manager, Avantika, told me.

"The one with the date I presume."

"Yep..." She said. She knew how I felt about that.

"Fine, text me the details."

"Sure." She did not push further and I was glad she didn't.

"What has got you all worked up?" Rishab asked me as he and three others entered my living room.

"These stupid promotional events are a torture. They are giving out dates with me as prize." I said in an irritated tone.

"That is pretty awesome dude, if you ask me. You get to go on a lot of dates."

"Is that so?" Anya asked him and the others cracked up at how Rishab's expression suddenly changed.

"What I meant was that, it would be a great opportunity for Samar. Who knows he might find the one."

Before Anya could take the topic further, Natasha spoke up, earning a grateful nod from her brother in law.

"I think he is right. You really need to move on."

As she told that, I remembered why I had called them over for lunch.