More surprises

Alia

I heard a loud banging on my door.

"Wake up Alia, we need to talk." It was Diya. The last day's events came rushing to me. I had cried myself to sleep not bothering to talk to my family. Had Anjali called her? There was no other way she would've known.

"Alia, I know you are awake, just open the door."

I should've let the alarm ring, then, she wouldn't have noticed.

"I am coming."

I opened the door to my sister who held a newspaper in one hand and her daughter in the other.

"What is going on between you and Samar?" She asked barging in.

"What? Nothing." I tried to act as if I didn't know what she was talking about.

"Don't act innocent sister; I know when you are covering up things." She said, sternly looking at me.

"But Diya..."

"Explain this Alia." She said holding out the newspaper in her hand for me to see.

This was wrong. It said we had broken up. IT said I left him because of his feeling for Niveda. This was all so wrong.

"Did Samar tell you about his past?" She asked me and I nodded.

"I never thought you would do something like this. He told you something very personal and you go ahead and share it with the media. Our parents never taught you to be like this. What happened to you Alia?"

"What??? You think I did this?" I asked her, shocked at the accusations thrown my way.

"You didn't?" She asked me, clearly confused.

"You think I can do something like this?"

She didn't reply and so I continued.

"He told me this yesterday and said we were over. I couldn't stay in office and so I came back home early."

"Wait, were you crying Alia? Did you cry yourself to sleep yesterday?" She asked me, concern evident on her face.

When I didn't respond, her facial expression changed. "I am such a horrible sister. I should've known, tell me everything."

Before I could even form any words, she called for Manav jiju to take Nidhi to their room. Jiju just gave me a pat on the shoulder before leaving with his daughter.

After they left, I turned to my sister and explained everything as it happened. I had already told her about how Abhay wanted to propose to Anjali and wanted my help, so she could understand how Samar could've mistaken.

"After what he told you, I think you get where he is coming from. Just call him and ask for a chance to explain. I am sure he'll understand."

"But D, after that article, will he believe me? I mean, even you doubted me."

"He will hear you out. I am sure about that."

I heard the doorbell ring.

"What if it is Samar?"

"Then you are going to talk to him. You both are going to sit down and talk things out."

Before I could muster the courage to go out and face him, Natasha entered my room.

"Manav let me in." She said.

"Hi." I said so faintly that she almost didn't hear me.

"What is going on Alia, I know you didn't talk to the media. You would never do that. Please tell me what is happening between the two of you."