Would you agree to go on a date with just me?

Alia

"Are you done?" D asked me coming to my room. I was getting ready for the premiere.

"In a minute." I said as I did a final touch up. I opened the door to let her in.

"Did I overdo the hair?"

"You look perfect. The women are going to be jealous and the gents are going to have a hard time keeping their eyes away from you."

"Well, that is encouraging, but I only want Samar's attention."

"Yeah yeah, the classic one woman man's one man woman."

"Absolutely."

"What time is he coming to pick you up?"

"In a few minutes." I said looking at the clock. "He said he'll be here by six." As soon as I uttered those words, the bell rang.

"I'll open it for you." D said and I turned to look at myself in the mirror for one last time.

My red dress fit me perfectly. I had concentrated more on my hair do than anything.

"I didn't expect you all to show up." I heard D say.

"We just thought we could leave together as this place was on the way." I think Vihaan was the one who spoke.

"It is an absolute pleasure to have you all here." Manav jiju said.

I am sure he was having the best day of his life. His two favourite cricketers were in front of him.

"Hi guys." I said as I went to meet them.

The moment I entered, I noticed that all of them were wearing black and white dresses. Natasha turned to Samar questioning him.

"Did you forget to mention that RD had set a dress code this time?"

Samar didn't say anything for a while. He looked at the others for help, but no one seemed to want to.

"I thought that she would already know, you know she is the writer. She had an invitation from RD himself."

"I did get an invitation from him, but Anjali didn't mention any dress code." I said.

"I am sorry."

"Do you have any black or white dress? We can fix the situation. It is no big deal."

"I have one, it'll be a bit longer for you, but it will work." D said.

"Perfect, lets get to work." Niveda said snatching the dress from Diya.

We rushed to my room and I quickly changed to the new dress. It fit perfectly. I didn't have to change my hair as it looked better with this dress than the earlier one.

"We'll have to change your make up a bit." Niveda said and I nodded.

She made me sit down in the chair in front of my dressing table. I closed my eyes as she started removing my eye shadow. After fifteen minutes, I was ready to go. She must be a superwoman when it comes to make up. It had taken me an hour to apply the eye shadow earlier.

"Gorgeous, Nivi you are a genius." Natasha said as we went back to them.

"We better leave now, we'll be late otherwise."

"You look beautiful." Samar said as he opened the door for me.

"Thank you."

Vihaan was driving the SUV. Natasha took the passenger seat and the other six of us were in the back seats.

"I hate the media." Samar said as Vihaan stopped the vehicle and handed over the keys to the valet.

"But you love me." Natasha said before stepping out of the vehicle.

The cameras were flashing all around us.

"Samar Khan, who is the lady accompanying you?" I heard the question as I walked by his side.

What would he say? Would he say I am the one behind the story? Or would he introduce me as his date?

But before Samar could respond to the question RD approached us. The heroine was next to him.

"We have the director of the movie with us." I heard a media personnel say.

"RD what do you have to say about this movie? You haven't attended the promotions this time. You were on a break from directing, what made you take up this movie?"

"I just want to thank all those who have come here to support us tonight. I decided to do this movie because I liked it. When she" he pointed towards me and continued "Alia, the person behind the story, approached me with it I had a good look at it. I felt I could work with this and I did. The rest is for the viewers to decide."

"What should we expect from it?"

"It is a heart warming love story. I hope you like it."

They didn't ask Samar about me after that and we went in soon after he answered a few questions. I met Anjali inside. She was busy with the arrangements and wouldn't even breathe until the movie started playing.

They had created a beautiful movie out of my little story and I couldn't be more proud.

"Thank you." I said to Samar as the credits started rolling in.

"Actually I am glad Natasha made me take it, you know..."

"Yeah, please don't get to the sorry part again. I am fed up of that." He nodded when I said that.

"So, did I do justice to your story?" RD asked me later that night. We were at the dinner he had arranged.

"Do justice? You took it to a completely different level. It is beautiful."

"I didn't do much. I had a strong base to work with. I would love to make beautiful movies like this. So keep the stories coming."

"Sure, thank you."

"I am sorry I couldn't spend more time with you. I did ask you out." Samar said to me when he got a break from the reporters.

"It is okay, I get it." I said.

"I want to do this the right way. I mean just the two of us, not the whole gang. So would you agree to go on a date with just me?"

"There is nothing wrong with going out with them. But yes, I would love to go on a date with just you."

"She is right, we are good people. There is nothing wrong with us." Rishabh said joining our conversation.

"Yeah right." Samar said and the others cracked up.

PIC: Alia's outfit

PS: Happy New year!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful year ahead!

I wanna thank you all for the love and support you have given to this story...

Please do put in a word for this one to your friends,... I would love that :)

Do check out my other story Time Heals Everything...Almost too :)

Vote. Comment

~gowri