Alia, please be my date to my birthday dinner.

Samar

Everything that happened in the next few months was a blur. I had finished shooting for 'Namuna' and it was in the phase I hated the most- Promotions. I had a tiring day after visiting a college, full of screaming girls as expected. All I wanted was to rest peacefully at home.

I fell asleep as soon as I hit the bed; note that it was at six in the evening.

After a while, my phone ringing and the calling bell together woke me up.

Vihaan's name flashed on the screen. Before I could answer it, the call ended. I looked at myself in the mirror and made sure that I looked presentable. Well, my door attendant wouldn't allow some random people to come in, so I didn't have anything to worry about.

"Vihaan, Natasha, Aarti, Rishabh, Anya, Saurabh and Niveda." I said as I opened the door.

"Liam and Rick." Liam said coming to my view.

"Oh yes, come in." I said.

"What is with the surprise visit?" I asked as soon as they had settled down.

"What do you mean bro? It is your birthday in half an hour." Rishabh said.

"It is?"

"You have no clue, do you?"

Actually, I didn't. I was working the whole while and wasn't accessing my Twitter or Facebook for that matter.

"And you are working on your birthday. Correct?" Niveda asked.

"Yep."

"Okay, call up whoever is in charge and let them know you can't work tomorrow." Liam suggested.

"Sorry, I can't do that. Nats, remember the story I talked to you about?"

"The destiny one?"

"Excuse me, but what is the 'destiny one' mean?" Anya asked air quoting Natasha's words.

I looked at Natasha for help and she beautifully explained to them how I rejected a beautiful story and how she had to force me into accepting it.

"So," I continued, "they already think I am not much interested in the movie. If I cancel tomorrow, the first day of shoot, they surely would think I am not interested. I cannot let RD think that. It is because of him I am here today."

"Skipping tomorrow is not going to help that." Rishabh said.

"Hell, you can leave early cant you? It is your birthday man, they'll understand." Liam suggested.

"Yeah, I can try that."

"Well, you do that, but, right now we need to cut this cake."

"Cake?"

I was pretty sure they didn't have that when they came in.

"Come on, cut it birthday boy."

It was twelve already and they were ready with the cameras and candles.

"Cut it now." They shouted.

"Alright alright."

I took the knife and cut a small piece."

Everyone was looking at me excitedly, thinking they would be first to get the cake. Vihaan and Rishabh were my best friends, so I couldn't chose one from them. Natasha was the sister I have always wanted and if I gave it to her, then Anya would feel bad. She already had the complaint that Nats and I were closer. I couldn't give it to Niveda or Liam. There are three kids, so that was not an option. So, I took one piece and ate that quickly.