Carry on love birds

Samar

Nidhi was an obedient little girl, unlike her mother. Well, she got her punishment for making me stay in with my girlfriend. My friends were coming over now, what could be worse than that.

They started coming in one by one. Turns out they weren't six, but nine. They couldn't leave the kids behind. Rishabh, the one who tweeted they were coming was the last to come.

"We brought dessert." Rishabh said as Anya handed something to Diya.

"Good, or else I would've kicked you out."

I was happy to see all my friends mingle with Alia's family like this. It was actually nice of them to include us. My friends know where I am headed with this relationship. Now that everyone is so close to each other, it would end up awkward if we somehow were to end this.

As far as I know, there is nothing to be concerned of. I think I love her. I know it is very quick, well the three of us are never known to be patient. Also last time I waited, I lost the girl to a foreigner. Well, I shouldn't be saying that about Liam, he is a good guy.

Oh, I am going off the topic here. The point is Alia is a great girl and I hope to spend the rest of my life with her. But, I won't tell her that soon since I don't want to scare her off.

"So Samar, keep an eye on Ricky, I'll be back soon." Liam told me and I nodded. it was only after he left that I realised, none of the others were there with me. They had put me on kids duty.

I was hoping to spend a romantic evening with my girlfriend and I get to look after the kids, totally unfair.

I saw Manav emerge from his room after his call. How long was he on the phone?

"Hey Manav," I called out and he joined me.

"Can you keep an eye n them? I'll be back in a minute."

"Sure," He complied and I ran to the kitchen.

"If you are here, who is with the kids?" Vihaan asked as soon as I entered.

"Manav."

"Yu tricked that poor guy didn't you?" Liam asked.

"I just used your line." I said feigning innocence.

"Seriously Samar, four kids and just me?" Manav asked coming into the kitchen. He was carrying Nidhi on one hand while Aarti held on to the other. The two boys just followed him in.

"I didn't do anything, I just wanted a break, I was with them the whole time."

Alia offered to take care of them and I volunteered to help her. She led us to Nidhi's room.

She made Nidhi drink the milk from her bottle and I sat there and watched. She is good with kids, one day she'll be a great mom.

"What are you thinking?" She asked.

"Nothing."

"Doesn't seem like nothing. Well, I won't push it though."

"Good, now tell me, do you have a role for me in the new movie?"

She thought for a while and said no.

"What? You don't have a role for your boyfriend?"

"Unless you want to play a teenager or their 40ish father, no."

"Teenager, no, not at the age of 28 and I am too young to be the father of a teenager."

"Then, I am sorry to disappoint you."

"You should write something with me in mind." I suggested.

"Well hello, I did and you acted in it."

Alia was now trying to get Nidhi to sleep and hence she was almost whispering. I also turned down my volume so that I wouldn't disturb the kid.

"I know that, but I mean now. When you wrote that, you didn't know me personally. Now, you are my girlfriend, you know many secrets. You could make use of them, maybe write our story."

"Seriously? RD also was telling me the same thing. But don't you think our story is a bit unbelievable?"

"Yeah, sometimes I do." I admitted.

"That and I don't think I'll be happy with sharing my life story in a movie. Unless.."

"Unless what?"

"Unless it is in your biopic."

"That is a nice idea. But I think we should wait another fifty years to make my biopic. Some handsome actor then can play me."

"Yeah. I'll write it down for you."

The dinner was anything but a silent affair. We were all over the place; the kids were playing around not caring what the parents were up to. Vihaan and Rishabh shared embarrassing stories from my childhood while Diya promised to get Alia's childhood pictures. We all agreed to wait until after dinner for that.

A few minutes later, we all had assembled in the living room while Diya went upstairs to get the album.

"What is taking her so long?" Niveda was a little impatient. Everyone except Alia was eagerly waiting for D to come down.

"I'll go check. She might be having difficulty taking it down. I think she placed it in the top shelf." Manav said.

Alia was rolling her eyes as she played with the kids.

"Have they gone to Narnia?" Vihaan asked ten minutes after Manav disappeared.

"I'll go get them, I can't wait any longer to see those photos." I said as I stood from my seat and made my way up.

The sight in front of me was as if it was out of a romantic movie. I didn't waste a second before I took out my phone and captured their kiss.

"ahem.." I coughed to let them know of my presence.

The two of them were shocked to see me.

"Sorry to cut short your romance. Wait, on second thoughts, I can take the album down. Carry on love birds." I said as I picked the album from the bed.

Around ten seconds after I came down the husband and wife emerged.

Everyone downstairs tried to suppress their smiles. I had shown off my photography skills.

"You should see this. He is a brilliant photographer." Anya said handing over my phone to Diya.

"Don't bother deleting it, we all have copies." Liam said.

Manav and Diya turned to me.

"Isn't it the perfect shot?" I asked.

Manav gave me a thumbs-up while Diya slightly glared at me.

Our attention shifted to Alia's photos as Natasha opened the album. Overall, the night was amazing.