The Truth

Samar

"What do you mean by mother and child?" Diya asked again.

"Oh, the patient, she is pregnant. I thought you would know." The doctor said before he left. That was all I needed to hear. I was right the first time. I know because we were yet to take that step in our relationship. We had decided to wait until marriage, but she had clearly betrayed me.

I was willing to give her another chance, but I guess that isn't what she wanted.

The nurse came over and handed a plastic bag that contained Alia's belongings to Manav. All that caught my attention was her iPhone.

"I am going to go." I informed the others.

Vihaan was about to say something, but Diya's phone rang, capturing our attention.

"Anjali?" She said before answering the call.

"Anjali hi, I don't think this is a good time." Diya said and then there was a pause.

"Alia, is that you?"

That caught my attention and I went to stand beside her. She put the call on speaker.

"D, what is wrong. Why did you say this is not a good time?"

"What happened to your phone?"

"Oh, remember Natasha was calling Samar with it? I guess she had it on her when she left." She said.

I heard Vihaan say "Natasha" as he snatched the plastic bag from Manav. He hastily opened to reveal the remaining contents in the bag.

"It is her; that is Natasha inside." I saw a tear escape his eyes. I had to be there for my friend.

"Calm down Vihaan, she is fine. Remember the doctor said so."

From the corner of my eye, I saw Niveda trying to calm down a crying Anya. Rishabh was next to his wife while Liam came to support Vihaan.

Diya was explaining the things to Alia over the phone.

"We will be shifting her from the ICU in the next half hour." The nurse explained coming back.

Vihaan wasn't responding, so I decided to step up.

"Thank you. Also, about the patient details, that is Natasha Kapoor, not Alia Verma." I explained to her the confusion that had happened and accompanied her to change the details.

"I'll come with you." I turned to see a now calm Anya standing beside me.

That was a good idea, given I had no idea about her medical history. Rishabh nodded at me when I looked at him about leaving Vihaan. I am glad we understand each other so well.

The paperwork was complicated since Diya had initially filled down Alia's details. I felt guilty for thinking that she betrayed me. I was glad I didn't voice my thoughts, or I would never have recovered from that. I wanted to save this relationship from sinking and am willing to work for that.

After almost an hour, we were done with the paperwork and the bills. I felt a lot of eyes on me. People were starting to recognize the actor amongst the crowd. A glance at the entrance told me why. There were a lot of papparazi trying their best to enter the hospital. I wonder how they got the news, hey wait; we did fill in the form of Natasha Kapoor, Vihaan Kapoor's wife. The security was struggling to keep them off.

I grabbed Anya's hand and went towards the lift. We went straight to the fifth floor where we had left the others only to see the ICU deserted.

"They must have shifted her already." Anya said taking out her phone to call, I presume, Rishabh.