Surprise Surprise!

Alia

"So, you are telling me that you didn't go to the Eiffel tower even after you went to Paris."

"Yep." I tell Anjali. We were in the RDF office. I was working on my new story there since Anjali insisted. Also, after the trip I felt I needed to be around the office for a while instead of working alone at home. Diya was done with her maternity leave and was back working. They would drop Nidhi at Manav jiju's parents place before leaving for work. His mother would take care of her.

"Are you serious? What kind of a couple doesn't go there?"

"The ones like me?"

Samar and I were getting the same reaction from all our friends. Also he was right; Vihaan and Rishabh were making fun of him for hitting the club only on one night.

"Next time we'll leave the ladies here and go." Rishabh had suggested and the other men had agreed.

"Hey, remember the promise you made me before I left?" I ask her.

"What promise? I don't remember any." She said, pretending not to know.

"Do you still have a boyfriend? I would like to meet him, thank you very much."

"Oh him, you are meeting him next week. He is out of town right now, I'll let you know."

"Good." I said and tried not to smile.

"Great then, I'll leave you to your work and get back at mine." She said and stood up from her seat.

When I reached home, Diya and Manav jiju were not there. It was odd given they would be usually back by six after picking up Nidhi and it was already seven thirty.

I was about to call them when my phone rang. It was my boyfriend.

"Hey, you didn't call all day." He said when I answered.

"Oh, I was busy explaining our trip to Anjali. She wanted to know every detail."

"And that makes her different from our other friends how? He asked.

"Yeah, you are right."

"So, the reason I called.."

"Wait, you need a reason to call me, I am hurt." I cut him mode sentence.

"Oh come on Alia. I was planning to take you out to dinner when Vihaan called. He wants me to babysit Aarti and Saurabh. They are attending some dinner for the cricketers."

"So, you called to tell me that they destroyed your plans and that you are sorry you can't take me out tonight, it is fine." I said even though I knew he wanted me to help him babysit.

"No. I want you to come with me. I am leaving tomorrow and I want to spend some time with you. If you come with me, we can hang out while they just roam around do whatever they want to do."

"I think that is the point about babysitting. You don't want the kids doing whatever they want."

"Aliaaa, you know what I mean. I am on the way to your place now anyway, be ready."

Before I could protest, he ended the call.

I saw that I had an unread text from my sister and opened it.

Will be late.

That was all it said. 'Way to be abstract D.' I said to myself.

I decided to wear a simple tee and my comfortable pair of blue jeans. I wanted to be comfortable running around those two. I took a quick shower before changing into the outfit. I heard Samar's car pull up in the driveway.