Europe

Hey everyone!!!

I am awfully late. 40 days to be precise. But in my defense, my laptop crashed (literally. Well, I am to blame because I was the one running with it in my hands.)
So, here I am with a long update. It is just Alia and Samar in this update and I hope you enjoy it.

Vote and Comment

Thanks

~gowri  

Alia

Europe trip was nothing I had imagined. I had told Samar I wanted the first stop to be Barcelona. Too bad FC Barcelona didn't have any matches going on at Camp Nou while we were there, I would have loved to watch it live. We also visited La Sagrada Família (Church of the Sacred Family) and Casa Batlló before leaving for Amsterdam.

In Amsterdam Samar insisted we go to the Van Gogh Museum. I wasn't much of an art enthusiast, bust since Samar was the one who brought me to Europe, I agreed. Our next stop was the Anne Frank House. After that we grabbed a light lunch from a food truck and hit the Albert Cuypmarkt. We shopped for a whole four hours; well, I did most of the shopping while Samar followed me around carrying the bags.

On the fourth morning of our trip, we stayed in bed late and decided we needed some rest after all the tiring shopping we had done the previous day. After ordering room service for an early lunch (we had skipped breakfast as we slept through it), we left for De Negen Straatjes. We explored the streets and did some more shopping (and Samar hated it. In my defence, there were a lot of boutiques and vintage clothing shops there) before coming back to the room. We had our flight to Dublin scheduled the nest day at three in the evening. We figured we had a bit more time to explore Amsterdam. We visited Leidseplein, the center of Amsterdam's entertainment scene. There were nightclubs, movie theaters, concert venues, casinos and of course some coffee shops.

"We should go to that cute coffee shop in that corner." I told Samar after we had dinner. We were walking around, taking pictures.

"I think I have a better idea." He said and led me to a nearby nightclub.

"I am not going in there." I said.

"Oh come on Alia, I accompanied you to your shopping sprees, took you wherever you wanted to go and you can't let me have this one thing I ask?"

"You know I am not comfortable in these kinds of places right?" I asked him giving him my best puppy face.

"Oh, no. That face is not gonna work this time lady. If I go back home and doesn't have even one nightclub story with me, my friends are gonna question my masculinity. You know them."

He was right. He would never hear the end of it from the others.

"I am a writer, I can come up with the perfect story for you."

"Oh yeah. And when that story doesn't feature in your version, I'll be busted. Also I don't lie. So, we are going in. That is final."

"But, I am not properly dressed."

"Oh yeah, you are. They don't have any kind of dress code."

"How do you know that?" I asked him with a pointed look on my face.

"I might have asked around on the pretext of using the washroom."

I knew it. When he excused himself in the restaurant, I had found it odd. During all these months we dated, he had never done that. Then I figured, what the hell, nature's call can come any time.