The First Date

Samar

"So where are you taking her?" Natasha asked me as I was getting ready for my date with Alia.

"Why would I tell you? For all I know you guys might follow me there and spy on us."

The look on Rishabh's face proved I was right.

"I know where you are going." Vihaan said.

"And where exactly would that be?" I asked curious to know that. He couldn't have even guessed where I was going.

"You are taking her to our garden." Well, I told you he couldn't guess that.

"Wrong. I am not copying what you guys did."

"You both took these two to the same place on your first dates?" Liam asked the other two guys.

"I went first." Rishabh said while Vihaan said, "I didn't know."

I had planned to take Alia for a long drive, just like Kevin from her story. I can't believe the movie I had rejected first went on to become one of my biggest hits. I had three more offers from different directors, courtesy to that movie.

Natasha was talking to Alia on the phone. From the conversation I could make out she wanted to know where I was taking her.

"No I really don't know Alia, he wouldn't budge." I heard her say.

"Tell her to be ready, I am leaving now." I said to her, more like shouted out. Alia might have probably heard me.

"She heard you." Natasha said.

I was glad Alia was excited about the date. I was starting to like her more and more after each day. I can't believe how rude I was to her on our first meeting.

Within no time I was at Alia's door.

"Where are the others?"

"Manav jiju had an office party and D went with him."

"Okay. So you ready to go?"

"Sure, you don't want to come in?" She asked me.

"Not now, maybe when I drop you off."

She locked the door behind us and walked with me to the car.

"So where are we going?"

"Actually I was thinking about just driving. When you feel hungry, tell me, we'll stop somewhere and then drive back."

"Alright, that is actually a good plan. I like long drives."

"I guessed."

We talked through the whole ride. We talked from our favourite colour to our favourite food. She told me I was one of her favourite actors and I got a feeling she meant it. We talked about movies, family anything and everything. It was nice to spend time with her and I wanted to do that again.

We stopped for food at a Punjabi Dhaba and I liked the fact that she didn't want to go to some five star restaurant. Thankfully there wasn't much crowd at the Dhaba. After half an hour we were back in our car we decided to drive back as planned.

"I really enjoyed tonight." She told me as I dropped her at her place.

"Me too."

I noticed that her family wasn't back from the party.

"Do you want to come in?" she hesitated first, but asked.

"Do you want me to come in? I mean, no one else is home. What if your neighbours start talking?"

"There is nothing to worry about, they are all good people and they mind their own business."

"Okay then, I'll keep you company till they come."

Alia

He sat down on the sofa in the living room.

"Do you anything to drink?" I asked him.

"What do you offer?"

"You want some coffee?" Even when I said that, I didn't want him to misunderstand. He wouldn't take it in the wrong way, right?

Thankfully he didn't. I liked to drink coffee before going to sleep. D says I am weird to do that. Well, I don't know why but it helps me sleep peacefully, unlike to others.

"You know, I don't like nicknames."

"Okay." I said not knowing what else to say.

I had a nice evening with him. He was just like what I imagined him to be, way before I even met him.

"So, I would be straightforward, Alia, will you be my girlfriend?", he asked as they sat in the living room drinking the coffee.

"What?", I asked him shocked. I carefully placed my glass of coffee on the table, not to risk it spilling.

"You heard me Alia.", he too placed his glass down.

"You really want me to be your girlfriend?"

"Of course."

"Am I dreaming?" I couldn't believe he had asked me to be his girlfriend.

"Alia, this is very much happening."

"Thank you."

"What?"

"Let me finish. Thank you for asking, if you hadn't, I would have asked you to be my boyfriend. So, yes I would love to be your girlfriend."

His face bore a Christmas morning smile. "I am glad you said that.", he said coming to stand beside me.

I just smiled in response.

"I really like you.", he said and pecked my lips. I never saw that coming.

"Why would you do that?"

"Think." When he said that, I felt like this has happened before. Where?

I have never been proposed before, then where?

Then it clicked, he was acting out the scene from my story, his movie, where Kevin asked Jen to be his girlfriend. That is why he said he doesn't like nicknames. Kevin called her Pretty one.

It was actually happening, my dreams were coming true, one by one and I couldn't be more happy.