SRK Wants to act in my first movie!

Samar

I saw Raghav coming towards me. He rarely came to the sets these days. 'My wife could give birth any moment from now', that was the excuse he used for his absence.

"How are you this morning RD? Your wife decided not to give birth this moment to give you a break?" I heard SRK ask him.

SRK was very easy to work with. After a month of working with him, that is what I felt.

"Yep, she did that for me." RD commented. I loved to hear the conversations between these two; both were quirky and came up with crazy comments, nothing offensive though.

"So what brings you here this fine morning?"

"Oh, Shah Rukh, if you were wondering whether I have a project for you, you are wrong. I am here to talk to Samar. He probably has another movie on the line, if he likes it.

"And why do I not get to play that role? Look at me, what is wrong with me?"

Wait, let me rewind, he had something for me? Was RD offering me another movie? I am lucky; I have to admit.

"Because I can in no way cast you as a man in his twenties, not happening, ever."

"You never know, I am really flexible."

"If you are so persistent to act in that, then I can offer you one of the supporting roles."

"That would be wonderful Raghav."

"Oh, I can't say if you are serious right now."

"You will know that when you show me the story. Who in his right senses would say no to a RDF movie? I promise I would not eye the twenties role. But, if I feel like doing any other role, I will surely let you know."

"SRK can definitely choose any role he wants. In that case, take this for a light reading. The screenplay is not finished yet, so have a look at that and tell me if you want to do any particular role."

"Sure."

As SRK went into his trailer, RD turned to me.

"So, Samar as you heard earlier, I have the lead role for you. The writer is new, but the story is good. I brought the story for you to read, but he has it now." He said pointing at the nearby trailer.

"You could meet with the writer, Alia, once you are back in Mumbai. She works in RDF."

"I can drop by whenever you want me to."

"Good, then I better get going. Avantika can talk to Anjali and schedule the meeting."

"Of course, I would inform her that right away."

Raghav left soon enough.

We were almost done with the shooting in London. It was time for us to go and watch the match at Lord's.

Shah Rukh and I were waiting for the leading-ladies of the movie to get ready so that we could leave. He had the file Raghav had handed him earlier. He was reading that while waiting.

"The doctor, I like him already. He seems nice and important, at the same time a role I could fit into easily."

I did not have any clue about what he was talking.

"You can be Kevin, I see the resemblance." He commented looking at me.

When I did not say anything, he continued.

"You have no idea what I am talking about, do you?"

"No"

"Well, then I am sure you would get to know soon, maybe when I am done reading the story."