Samar Khan may not be Single anymore!

ALIA

Being Samar Khan's girlfriend was no cakewalk. We would get spotted every time we went out. Two days into dating, I was already the mystery girl in the Bollywood heartthrob's life. It didn't stay a mystery for long as I was recognized as the girl from the premiere, writer of his latest hit, Dilon Ki Dastaan.

Samar Khan may not be Single anymore!

Dating rumours, Samar Khan edition.

Hold your breath girls, Samar Khan is out of the market.

Those were the top page 3 headlines. I tried not to pay much attention to the fact that I was the topic of discussion in RDF.

"So, you are dating Samar?" RD asked me when I went to meet him regarding my next story.

"I am."

"And he didn't even want to act in your movie in the first place."

"I know, I am living a fairytale."

"Who would have guessed you guys would start dating just after the first movie? I mean I had to persuade him to talk to you and also accept the role.

"I know, even Natasha tells me that all the time. The day he rejected the role, I almost hated him. But then, things changed and for the better."

"You know what; we should make a movie out of it." He suggested.

"Oh RD, I am flattered that you think my life is worth that, but I don't think that is a great idea. Again, no one would really believe it. This isn't worth sharing."

"Oh don't underestimate the audience Alia, you never know which gamble of yours pays off."

"But I don't want that, I have a new story for you, I think that would be a better movie than my life story ever can be."

"If you say so, but I still think that it has potential."

"Maybe someday I'll pen it. But right now it doesn't have the elements for a movie. Let me live it and see where it goes."

"I hope one day you would give me the chance to direct that."

"One day."

"Oh, it would be nice to make your love story into a movie. I would definitely watch that. Who would play me? Maybe I can play me. Write the story when I am still pretty." I hadn't even realised that Anjali had joined us.

"So what is this story about?" RD asked me.

I told him how the story was about a family of four, a husband, wife and their two children. The teenagers are difficult to manage, but the mother manages to keep them at bay while the father works. Things take a turn when the husband, a military man, dies in the war. The widowed woman, now in her forties, has to deal with the two hormonal teenagers. It shows her daily struggle, trying to make both ends meet. The kids after a while start to realise how hard the mother is working to manage the situation. They start helping her out and handle the situation, and try to become better sons.

"You have someone in mind for your leading lady?" RD asked when I finished the story.

"Actually, this time I don't. I'll leave it to the casting director."

"Okay then, if you think of someone, let me know."

I wasn't sure I could chose someone for this role as I had done in the previous case. It was better to let the casting director decide. I didn't want that burden on my head.

Later that day Samar visited me at home.

"Alia, your boyfriend is here." D shouted to me from the hallway.

"I'm coming D."

Samar and Manav jiju were having some serious conversation. I had no clue what they were talking about. As far as I knew, cricket was their only common interest.

"You ready to go?" Samar asked as he saw me.

"I didn't know we were going out."

He seemed to realise he had forgotten to tell me.

"So you don't want to go out today?"

Before I could reply to that, Diya did.

"No way, she is not going out today. In fact you'll stay and finish the dinner I prepared." She said.

Samar was okay with the idea and he agreed.

Manav jiju got a call from the office and left to attend that.

"Kavya, can you come to the kitchen and help me out a bit?"

"Of course," I said and was about to leave, but Samar stopped me.

"What am I supposed to do then? Diya, I'll get bored."

"I have the perfect solution for that." She said and picked up her daughter who was playing in her cradle.

"Here, play with her." She handed the kid to Samar.

The look on Samar's face was precious. I didn't waste a moment thinking, I pulled out my phone and took a picture.

"This is going on twitter." I told him.

Did I forget to mention that my followers on twitter had increased by around fifty times? Well, all thanks to my superstar boyfriend. Oh, I also the hate mails I received was increasing day by day.

I captioned the picture.

When you get to hang out with your girlfriend's niece instead of her!

Samar seemed to realise what I had done.

"No you didn't..."

"Yes I did."

Mere seconds after I posted the picture, I got a reply from Vihaan. It read :

Well, that is what you get for ditching your friends for your girlfriend!

Samar was too occupied with Nidhi that he couldn't even check his phone.

Natasha had tweeted :

Good one D

Well, I had no clue how she knew it was D. Well, probably she knows me too well that she knew I wouldn't do that to him.

Next tweet was from Rishabh and that said

Coming over

That tweet got 5 re-tweets.

"D, we've got a situation, six more people joining for dinner."

"You had to tweet." She said from the kitchen, exasperated.