A Classic One Woman Man

Alia

"I am really sorry Alia." Diya repeated. She would not stop apologizing, even days after the incident.

"Stop it D. It is not your fault that the little one inside you chose to launch the trailer of its release on that day."

"What?" It took her a moment to process what I said.

"Still, I didn't mean for it to happen."

"I know that and if you say sorry one more time, I will make sure you regret it." That seemed to do the trick.

"Fine, I won't."

"Good. Even I was getting fed up." Manav jiju commented.

"How is your writing going Alia?" D asked me unexpectedly.

"Why would you ask that now? You know I am sending out my story to publishers. No one is responding."

"Well, I might have something for you. When I say me, it is not me me. You know what I mean?"

"I do not know what you mean." I said honestly.

"Well, two of my friends are planning to make a short film and they do not have a story yet. I told them that you might be able to help. Is that okay with you? I mean will you?"

"Of course D. Why would I not? Now I know why I love you."

"Oh, that is really nice of you."

"So I'll tell them to contact you. I know for sure this is going to be a super duper hit."

"Thank you D"

I talked to her friends soon enough. I was glad that they were not planning for something with a social message and sort. Then I would not be the person they want. It was not as if I did not have confidence in my writing. That requires a lot of effort and I am somewhat lazy.

After giving me the basic idea of what they wanted, they hung up. I promised to call them as soon as I had something for them.

Days passed in a blur and I was less concerned as I worked to come up with the best story possible for a short film. Humour and romance, the two genres I was good at. At least that is what I felt.

As I sat in front of Abhay and Aditi, the brother and sister duo, the ones who would be making the short film, I was nervous.

"This is awesome. I absolutely love it." Aditi commented as she finished reading.

"Thanks."

"I can't wait to make this." Abhay said making me blush.

"I am glad that you like it."

"My pleasure, you do know that we can't pay you right now, don't you?"

"Of course I do. Just do not forget me once you get famous."

"We won't. And you'll be famous too by then."

We all shared a laugh at our wild imaginations and high hopes.

"Can I ask something?"

"Sure, ask away Alia." Abhay said.

"Who are you planning to cast in this?

"Well, that is a very good question. I do not know who the hero will be, the heroine will definitely be me. I can totally relate to her." Aditi said.