Falling Lessons -Drake-

Morning came early. I blinked a few times and spat up groggy. I twisted my ankle a few times and sighed. Back to normal again. I looked at the clock. 8:23.... Breakfast hall! I threw on some clothes, and grabbed my academy book bag with my feather weight books and claws.. Arro came back over night, and was on tattoo form. I rushed into the hall. Their where five tables in it with banners above them. The first one was green and the banner said "Spi", the next dark green and said "Fli", the third blue and said"Coal", the next purple and said "Care" the last was white with swirling black letters: "undecided".

Hmmmm... Odd Arro whispered in my head.

I was directed to the undecided table, and sat down next to Nevaeh. Several people around us snickered, I tapped my wrist. Arro sprang to life, harassing the people. He went back to my wrist and Oreo came to sit beside me.

"Ello!" She said "how's that ankle?"

"All better ." I said. Nevaeh looked away. I tapped her shoulder.

"Dont worry about it. It's not your fault." I said.

She snorted and started to eat. Food! I looked down and seen my favorite breakfast ever. Pancakes and bacon. I nearly choked eating so fast, I was starving! After I finished a tiny griffin swooped down and took my plate away. I smiled.

"Cool." I whispered. Before I knew it it was 11:45. I had to get to the Hay Field, as it was called for my first part of training. I walked there and took my time, chatting with Arro. I got there to an empty field, only me and Lyze where there.

"Good! Your here." He said

" yep. What we doing?" I asked, looking down around me. It was hay and straw, for as far as I could see.

" Training. Falling training, to be exact." He smirked. " soon your ride will be here, then we can get started. Put on your claws, and leave your bookbag in that supply shed behind you. I walked over to it, got my claws, and left my book bag. By the time I got back a teal dragon was waiting for us.

" Let's go!" Said Lyze. We got in the dragon and it took off.

We got so high, the hay field looked the size of a pillow.

"Trust me okay." Lyze said. "Jump."

"Why would I-"

"Just do it!" Lyze jumped off the dragon. I did the same.

The air blew in my face, this was exhilarating, considering I hate highest.! I whooped a few times and did some flips.

"Drake!" Lyze yelled over the rushing wind. " Position yourself like this!" He spread his arms and legs out, he was splayed out, belly down. The hay was getting closer.

We hit the hay, laughing and spitting out hay. The dragon landed, waiting for us.

We went like this a few times then before we jumped the last time Lyze turned to me. " when we go to hit the ground, flip, do a summersault. It's a professional thing. Now jump!

It seemed like seconds before I hit the ground, rolling forward. I didn't even sink into the hey, just on he top layer.

"Wow." I said after I stopped.

"Yeah. Now no more broken bones with falling, right?" Lyze joked

"Yeah."

"Let's go put Tobi back." We walked towards the stables the dragon following...