Demon Blood -Nevaeh-

"Woah," I gasped. "What is this place?"

"This is the Lun Library. It has books on everything,"

I studied the library. There were oak wood bookcases that stretched to the ceiling. Towering ladders accompanied them. The floor was a reddish stone tile, and in the center of the floor, there was a sun and a moon mosaic. For the roof, there was an enormous glass dome. Silver moonlight shone through the panes of the dome directly onto the moon figure.

"C'mon Nevaeh, we need to find some books!" There were no modern lights, so we both had to take candles that were perched on a shelf. I scaled the ladder easily, climbing and climbing.

I was easily 12 shelves high when I realized the only footsteps I was hearing were mine.

"Drake, c'mon! What are you doing?"

"Nevaeh, I'm...I'm...I'm scared of heights!"

"Are you kidding Drake? You're in freaking Fli! You're trained to deal with heights!" I started climbing down. Once in reach, I grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

"You're coming with me, woos."

He cautiously climbed behind me, yet I could practically hear his heart thumping.

"Drake, what are we even looking for?"

"We are looking for a book on how to breach the Red Hood HQ, since very soon we are going to have to go try to get the flaming rubies,"

"Oh, I see. Well, what does the book look like? And how are we ever going to find it in here?" I said as I glanced at the miles of shelving.

"Hmm, let's think. 'How to breach Red Hood HQ'" Drake smirked as he closed his eyes.

A bright red book appeared before me. I snatched it, laughed, and we climbed down the ladder.

We set our candles on the floor and plopped down.

"Why haven't they taught about this place at school?" I asked.

"This place is only accessible to demons, or those with demon in them. So they wouldn't talk to kids at school about it, because none of them are demons."

"But Drake, we're here,"

His eyes widened and his throat swelled. He shook his head and buried it in his arms.

"I'm so sorry I've never told you. I'm...Coarn's my uncle! I have demon in me! And apparently, somewhere down the line, you do too,"

I swear, for a moment, my heart stopped.