Why must you... -Nevaeh-

Drake was the first to attack. He swept down, trying to snatch up Coarn. He hit the wrong air current and soared right overtop, though one foot merely ruffled Coarn's hair.

Oreo tried at him next, with a series of tumbling moves. When she got close, she threw down a black smoke bomb. She went in with a kick, yet Coarn grabbed her foot and she rolled to the ground.

Usually, I'm the first to go at something. The go getter. Yet I couldn't bring myself to do it. It was like that moment where you are going to ask a question, then you back down and squeak an "Oh, it was nothing,".

Coarn scoffed.

"Aren't you gonna try me sweetheart? Wouldn't be much of a knight if not,"

I was close. I was close to squeaking a 'nothing'. But that was my breaking point. He had hurt my friends and was trying to provoke me. It worked. I broke out in a sprint towards him and stopped about 5 feet away.

"Why? Why does this matter to you so much? Why does stripping innocent people of their lives make you proud?" I took a step towards him.

"You should be ashamed of what you're doing. You're twisted. You will do everything in your power to make sure nobody else enjoys their life!"

I got so close to Coarn I could see the sweat beads trickling down his forehead. He could probably see tears welling up in my eyes.

"I don't care what becomes of me! You can freaking tear me to the bone!" I said through gritted teeth, "But if you lay a finger on anyone else..."

"Or what? You gonna quit cheerleading? Or better yet, you gonna leave this school?"

My hands grasped his throat. They constricted tighter, tighter, tighter. His face had become red, just like his hood.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Oreo standing up. I saw Drake swooping in. But they were too late.

Pinpricks of pain appeared in my stomach. Then, it felt like someone had scissors running through me. My black dress was warm with gushing fluid. A single drop of blood hit the flame at the bottom of my dress. It went out.

I looked down to see Coarn's claw imbedded in myself.