Chapter 12 - Back on Sacury and Magic

"We'll be back. Watch the castle, please, I don't want Lucille to pull anything stupid." The King told his guard that was in charge, who held up his sword straight out in front of him. "And if Lucille does decide to show up, do everything in your power to kill her."

"Yes your Highness." The guard responded, and with that the Cordelia's headed to the Antastica Water Exit to Earth… and everyone was just a little bit nervous.

"What if we don't find her? What if she's moved across country or… dead?" The Queen asked, making everyone uncomfortable but on edge. "I'm scared we won't find her and she'll be gone for good…"

"She'll be there, why wouldn't she be?" The King assured his wife, but he wasn't too sure about it himself. "She still should be there."

"Don't hold your breath." Nicole muttered, and her parents glared at her. "I mean, really, what are the chances? Someone could've found her and kept her as their own, or she could've gone to the orphanage and gotten adopted, or she could still be there. Or maybe nobody claimed her and she's a dead body at the bottom of an ocean." She stated bluntly, and the Queen burst out in tears. "What? I'm asking legitimate questions here."

"That isn't helping any of us right now, Nicole." The King snapped, holding his now-sobbing wife and dragging her through the Entrance.

"What? Earth is a dangerous place, I've known some faeries that have gone through the worst trouble ever." She stated, bringing them up for the umpteenth time. "And it serves you right if she is."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean!?" The Queen screamed, causing all fish around them to swim away. "You think Aqua deserves to be dead!?"

"I'm saying that if she is, it serves you right for abandoning her like you did." She answered slowly, rephrasing her sentence. "And what makes you think she wants to see you? She could have her own family now, with the humans."

"We're her family and we will always be." The Queen snapped back, ready to lash out at her daughter. "And you're going to find her."

"Whatever you say, mother." Nicole muttered, swimming faster and farther to keep away from her parents. The King and Queen stayed farther back so they could talk while still watching her.

"Why is she acting that way, Triton?" The Queen whimpered, feeling rejected from her own daughter. "I don't understand those ways anymore."

"What ways? The "ignoring your mother" ways?" He asked, swimming a little faster to keep up with Nicole. "You're better on that subject then I am."

"She's our only daughter right now, Triton." She stated, swimming in front of him and stopping him from swimming farther. "She might be the only one we'll ever have again."

"Don't think like that." He ordered her, but she shook her head at him. "You think too much, women think too much."

"Because that's what we are." She stated, looking back to see where Nicole was, but whipping back around a split second later. "And now that I'm thinking like Nicole, I can't help thinking that something will go wrong."

"Nothing's going to go wrong, she's going to find Aqua and everything's going to be fine." He assured her, but she swam out in front of him, leaving him far behind. They eventually all caught up with Nicole, who was right next to the shore, waiting for her parents.

"Took you guys long enough." Nicole muttered, raising her head just above the water to see the land. "Wow, Earth looks like it's changed so much." She whispered as she hit an empty plot of shore at four in the morning, using the Magic she still had to change her tail into legs. "But I don't understand where Aqua would be. She could be completely across the country by now."