Chapter 23 - Mom and Dad

"Oh my God, you will not believe the hell Aqua just said to me." Nicole shrieked as she jumped into the water in which her parents were floating in. "Oh, and Lucille did bring her here."

"I knew it!" The King fumed, the water jerking rapidly. "I knew it, I knew it! That bitch is gonna die!"

"Don't try it, Dad." She snapped, defeating his idea immediately. "She says Lucille is her friend."

"What!?" They both screamed in unison, and the Queen burst into tears.

"She can't!" The Queen sobbed, looking over to where Riveredge castle was, Nicole's home. "No, no, this can't be happening, Aqua doesn't know what she's talking about!"

"That's what I said." Nicole cut in, pointing at herself with both hands. "But she seems to feel pretty confident when saying so."

"That's it." The King growled, swimming back to the bottom of the lake, right next to the Entrance. "Once Aqua gets better, find us. And please kill your husband for me." He stated, hissing at the word.

"Aqua tried to kill him first." She countered, crossing her arms.

"Smart girl." He muttered back, waving his wife to follow him. "We'll be expecting our daughter's recovery soon. We have to make up for lost time."

"Yeah, ya think? How are you going to make up for the sister she lost, too?" Nicole snapped at them, shooting her arms out horizontally. "Her life is ruined, her family will never be complete!"

"Will you shut up!?" The Queen shrieked loudly, piercing sound waves being sent out through the water. "Will you please just let us know?"

Nicole crossed her arms, pouting. "Sure." She muttered, mocking her.

"Good." The Queen said simply before following her husband, leaving her alone in the small lake, swearing under her breath while getting out and standing.

"Of all the crap I've had to go through in my life-" She cut herself off, ringing out her wet hair and watching the water drop to the ground. "-this would probably rank high on that list." She muttered as she headed for the pegasus that brought her hear, mounting it and flying back to Riveredge. "Please be okay, Aqua…" She whispered as they flew closer and closer, hoping to get her out of her hair for good.

----------

"I want to get the hell out of here." I stated as each nurse passed me, but they all ignored me, waiting for Aaron or Nicole for instructions. "Let me go home, away from here." I begged, but they quickened their pace, turning away and being sure to avoid me. "I'm so sick of faeries." I stated as I saw Nicole appear in the doorway. "What do you want?" I growled, closing my eyes to make sure I couldn't look at her.

"I was seeing if you wanted to meet Mom and Dad or not." She told me, and I perked up immediately. "But you don't seem like you're in the mood, so-"

"I do." I cut her off before she started mocking me. "I want to meet Mom and Dad."

She smiled, walking over and holding out her hand. "Well, come on then. They've been wanting to see you again for sixteen years."

I took her hand as she helped me stand, and the nurses finally came over to me, picking out all the cords that were attached to my skin. I don't know how I was able to stand though, because I knew I had very little blood left in my system, but I passed it off as a mermaid thing because I didn't want to think about it.

She helped me outside the room, and the foyer was still in shatters and destruction, which I began to feel a little bit guilty for. I glared at Aaron, who literally was running through the door, but he glared at me, clenching his hands into fists and storming towards me.