Work it Off

I walked into work several weeks later, sulking. I was angry, but I followed Aria's instructions not to call Ashton. He would have said goodbye in person if he wanted to. Eliza noticed my behavior this morning and came over to me.

"What happened to you?" She asked.

"Ashton is still living with his parents for awhile. You know this. I still don't know how long."

"Why is that still an issue? It's been a few weeks Rachel."

"Its still the fact that he didn't tell me in person. He wrote me a note and left."

"You didn't tell me that before."

"Oh. Well, that's why I'm sulking. He didn't even think to tell me or he didn't want to do it in person."

"Did he hint that he was leaving you for real? Like breaking up with you?"

"No!" I shout stunned.

"Calm down. I was just making sure."

"What if-no. Now you've got me worried!"

"Alright relax. He'll be back soon. He just needs time to clear his mind."

"I obviously can relate, but I wouldn't just leave without personally telling someone. I didn't leave my aunt a note when I moved here. Hell, she drove me to the airport."

"You'll feel better about it soon." She says and slaps me on the back trying to show her support. I'm less sulky, but still angry at him.

I work through the rest of the day, pretending that Ash is going to be there when I get back. I even smile big at some of the customers when I serve them. Mainly because I see Ashton's face in my head. Man he's driving me crazy right now. I just want to see that idiots face again. This is too much thinking.

I walk through the door at our apartment. I don't even have to yell. He's not there. Yup. I'm empty and Cali feels cold to me. I flop face down on the couch and groan. I hear a noise to the side of me. Great. Someone broke into the house. Kill me already. I turn my head and see Ashton sitting on the chair next to the couch. Stupid imagination. I put my head flat again.

"You shouldn't squish your face. It might stay like that." Fake Ashton says.

"Haha shut up." I say. Wait did he just talk? I sit up and stare at him.

"Stop staring at me like that." He groans after a minute.

"You're. You're here!" I scream.

"What was your first clue?" He jokes and laughs at me.

"This isn't funny! I haven't heard from you in like a month!" I say standing up.

"Hey. I feel better now. Isn't that what you wanted?!" He shouts, standing up too.

I don't say anything. For a second I just stare at him. I run into his arms and I feel him jump a bit when I do. My eyes brim with tears and I just squash my head into his chest and his arms find their way around me. He squeezes me tighter.

"Happy I'm back?" He asks.

I look up at him and he smiles down at me. I felt funny. Like he wasn't here. Maybe he sensed my feelings because his face calmed down a bit more and he stared at me closer. Then he kissed me and I really realized he was back. Not just back from his parents, he was back to Ashton.