Can't

I can't forget. He just walked into the damn coffee shop this afternoon and acted like we were nothing. Like I was nothing. Like I was a total stranger! I hate him. I can't stand him. But, I want to see him. I want to hug him. I want to kiss him. I want to lay with him.

He just ignored me! I can't get over that. It killed me. It felt like high-school all over again. I hate it. I was never noticed in high-school. No one cared about Rachel Mason. For a long time, I thought no one ever would. Ash did care! At least for a few months. I wanted that back. I couldn't have it, though. He didn't want to talk to me, other than to order a stupid coffee.

All of a sudden, I remembered the picture in the art shop. I ran to the store, which was luckily still open for another twenty minutes. I walked in. The picture wasn't on the wall. I felt the tears fill up my eyes. I went to the woman at the counter who had been there before.

"What happened to the picture?" I asked, trying to contain myself.

"What?"

"The picture. Ashton brought in."

"Oh right! You're the girl!"

"Not anymore. I don't think-"

"Nonsense! He came in to get the picture!"

"What?" I asked surprised.

"I just ruined the surprise."

"There's a surprise!?"

"Yeah for his cousin Aria.'' She says.

"Oh." I say. I want to punch myself from getting excited. But why did he take the picture. I call Aria.

"Hey!" She answers.

"He came and took the picture." I say defeated.

"What? Come on over here." She says.

"Alright. See you soon." I say and hang up.

I wave goodbye at the woman and she smiles at me.

"He'll come back! The boys always go back to the pretty ones!'' She shouts on my way out.