Moving Up

I dragged my suitcase into my new apartment. It felt right in here. Like no matter what, I would be happy here. I was already. We bought a cheap mattress at some place called Futon and Bedding Surplus Warehouse. It was comfy. We also bought a grey comforter with white vines all over it. I also bought two pillows and a bed table. Tomorrow we were buying all new kitchenware and bathroom stuff. I was going to wait till Friday to buy a TV. I could make it five days.

I was thinking about seeing the music group Friday, but I remembered who was playing. The Paper Kites offered to play in Francisco's Finest. I was blown away with the offer. I called them up and they were really into it. Everyone else there would be really happy with the show. I was a bit worried about how I'd react, so I chose not to go. When I saw them before, I was with Ash. I don't think any band is worth those memories coming back. Even if they're good, they'll just make me sad about Ashton.

I unpack all of my clothes into the dresser and set up my bed. There was a plug next to my bed, so I stuck my end table in front of it. That way I could turn my alarm on. Aria calls me from the living area a few minutes later. Jacob walks in with a big box and there's another on that's a bit smaller in front of her.

"Count these as moving gifts." She says and I open the first box.

There's three towels, face clothes, laundry detergent, fabric softener, and a big soft blanket. She passes me the bigger box. I open it up and find all the kitchenware I was going to buy tomorrow afternoon with her. They had bought me bowls, plates, salt and pepper shakers, forks, knives, spoons, a wooden stirring spoon, cookie sheet, and pretty much everything piece of equipment I'd need to make a big dinner besides the food. I hugged her tight and did the same to Jacob.

"Thanks guys, so much." I say.

"We couldn't let you buy it all by yourself." Jacob says and smiles.

"No way." Aria responds.

"I'm so happy to be here! Thanks guys." I say and hug them both again.

"Don't worry about. Well, it's late. Are you all set?" Jacob asks.

"Yeah. Thank you again. I couldn't ask for more." I say.

They head out and I begin to put away all the kitchen supplies. I drag the box over to the area. I put silverware in drawers, pans in the bottom cabinet, and everything else in the top cabinet. I finished anything else I could put away and flopped onto my new bed. It wasn't that it wasn't comfortable, it just wasn't what I was used to. I pulled my laptop out and set up the free wifi found in the building. I placed it on the dresser and plugged it in. I turned onto some illegal movie site and clicked onto The Breakfast Club. Perfect. I figured I'd just fall asleep to it tonight. I'd seen it enough times that I'd probably recite the lines in my sleep.