Chapter 24 - What's Wrong, Love?

Thomas' P.O.V.
"Taylor?" I called as I entered the living room, "You home?"

"Just give me a second!" I heard her shout from her bedroom. Smiling, I closed the door quietly and collapsed onto the sofa. I ran a hand through my hair and loosened the scarf around my neck. I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around.

"So how was your-" I froze. My eyes fell on Taylor's appearance and I looked her up and down.

"Whoa, what's up with you?" She laughed, coming around and sitting next to me, "You look like you've seen a bloody ghost!"

"Where're your glasses, love?"

"Oh," A small smile formed on her lips, but it didn't last, "I put my contact lenses in. My glasses broke on my way home and I don't have a spare pair!"

"Oh, okay then," I nodded my head and opened up my arms, "And where is my welcome home hug? I'm freezing!"

"Well, if you really want a hug, Sangster," She smirked at me, slowly getting up from her seat, "You're gonna have to catch me first!"

"You little-" I leapt from the sofa and reached out my arms towards her as she ran from my reach. Laughing, she ran round the side of the sofa and headed for the kitchen. But just before she reached the door, I wrapped my arms around her waist and spun her around. She shrieked with shock as she fell against my chest and I wrapped my arms around her small body.

"Bloody hell Thomas, you're freezing!" She yelled, wriggling in my grasp.

"And you're like a bloody radiator!" I chuckled into her shoulder as she stopped moving and moved her arms up so that they were circled around my torso. We stayed there for a moment, quietly in each other's arms. And then we pulled apart. I looked down at her beautiful eyes and she smiled at me. But her eyes didn't. I could see them clearly with the light from the living room, and they weren't shining like they would always. They had no emotion behind them, and I could have sworn I saw a tear brim in the corner of her left eye.

"Hey hey," I said softly, putting my hands on her shoulders, "What's the matter, love?"

"Nothing," She smiled softly again and pulled away from my grasp. I rose my eyebrows at her, but she just shrugged it off. Suddenly the doorbell rang. Taylor reached for her bag, which lay on the kitchen table, and pulled out her purse before waving it at me.

"Guess who's ordered pizza?" She grinned.

"Yes!" I cheered, putting my hands up in victory, "Alright you get the pizza, and I'll get the film!"

"Brilliant!" Whilst Taylor left for the door, I ran to the living room and searched quickly through our DVDs. I was really in the mood for a comedy, so I picked out Grown Ups and put it into the DVD player. Taylor soon joined me and together, we collapsed on the sofa and pulled a blanket up around us. Nibbling at the pizza and curly fries, we laughed all night as we watched Adam Sandler and the rest of the actors on the film. It was hilarious! About an hour later, as I was watching the film end, I suddenly felt Taylor's head fall against my shoulder. Looking down at her, I noticed that she'd fallen completely asleep. Small snores escaped her mouth which was slightly open, and she mumbled a little nonsense as she slept. Smiling, I wrapped my arm around her waist and tucked her hair behind her ears. My smile fell though, when I noticed another tear brim in her eye.