Chapter 5.

Michael

The way she was joking around with her daughter was great! It's not too often that I see that kind of bond and openness. Sarah's family is really fun to watch. I think that's part of what's drawing me to her.

"So wait? So my boy Michael here is your 'sunshine'?" Calum asks her. That makes my day. "What's that make Ashton? Fuckboy?" If she wasn't turning red right now, I'd be laughing!

"Oh god, can we not get into this again? Please?" she asks. Her embarrassment is obvious, but she's trying so hard not to show it! Its quite endearing actually.

"If it feels like it's right, then it can't be wrong," Luke adds nonchalantly. I'm choking on air, and Sarah is too, she caught the reference! I just love to watch her blush!

"Well that came out of nowhere!" she replies with a smirk. Luke starts to laugh. "I like her!"

Ness is looking at us like we're talking a foreign language. "I don't think Ness here gets it. Should we play it?" I ask, amused.

"NO!" Sarah exclaims. That was unexpected. She's peaked my curiosity now.

"Okay, I'm really lost right now," Ness interrupts. "How about we go swimming? It's getting kinda hot in here." She smiles devilishly at Sarah.

"Yes please!" she answers and walks back the hallway into what I believe is a bedroom. I like this idea! But...

"We don't have trunks!" Calum says.

"So? Wear your underwear. Do you think we're going to mind?!" she chuckles as she walk back to the other bedroom.

All the guys look at me.
"What?" I ask them.

"You like her accent?"
"Is she from New York?"
"Does she drive a minivan?"

"Oh my god guys quit! It's not like that!" I tell them.

"Yet!"
"But it could be!"

"Stop!" I quip as Sarah walks out in a bikini. Fuck. There's no way she's had three kids!

"Walk my way.." Luke whispers in my ear. I smack him upside the head, knocking his hat off. "Hey!" I start laughing and Sarah rolls her eyes at us.

Her phone buzzes with a text message and she smiles. She starts looking at something and I hear cheering from her phone. I quietly walk up behind her, and Calum gravitated towards it too. I'm not surprised. It sounds like a sports game, and Calum's a sports fanatic.

"Oh! Football!" He gets so excited over football! She looks up with pride.

"My youngest's soccer game yesterday! This one here is him."

"#10?"

"Messi's number." I'm lost, but they're both smiling.

"He's a good defender. He's got a head for the game. You can practically see him analyzing every players moves!"

"His nickname is The Wall."

"I see why. Dang, he executes a perfect slide tackle! That's natural talent, right there! Does he get that from you?"

She starts laughing, "Not even close! I'm not athletic at all! Unless being an ungraceful klutz is a sport!"

"What sports are your other kids in?" he asks.

"Mason used to play soccer, but now he refs instead. Grace played field hockey until... well, she used to play." There's definitely more that she's not telling me, and now I know that it has to do with Grace. I thought earlier that it did, but now I know it.