Chapter 31

Sarah

We are able to sneak inside and make it to customs without being seen. Once through customs, we found a corner nearby out of the way to wait for the guys. We both knew this would be our only chance for a private goodbye, and neither of us wanted it to happen. But time was approaching quickly. I climbed in his lap, burying my face in his chest and let a few tears escape.

"We'll figure something out, one way or another, babydoll," he says, wiping the tears away.

"I don't want you getting hurt, and I feel like that's inevitable." I just have this sinking feeling and I hate it.

"How many times have I told you not to worry about me? Like you told my mum, you have to work through the underlying problems here first, before we can even begin to think about us. I knew from the very beginning what I was getting myself into. You have a longstanding marriage, kids, a family to think of. Do what you have to do for you, for them. The rest will fall into its rightful place from there. I love you Sarah, and I can't change that. But even if I could change it, I wouldn't want to. You've made me a better person. And even if we end up never seeing each other again, I will never regret these past two weeks." I wrap my arms around him tight and press my lips to his, pouring all my love for him into it. When I pull away, I lay by head on his chest and stay that way until I hear Ashton's infamous giggle nearing us. I stand up, then help Michael to stand up. I squeeze his hand one last time then separate myself from him, feeling a vast emptiness within. I turn to the guys coming up behind me and smile as best as I can.

"Where's Cal?" I ask.

"He's bribing the blonde at customs to let Ness through," Ashton giggles. "Being famous has its advantages sometimes!" I shake my head and laugh. Typical 5sos thing to do.

"Then why couldn't Mikey use that to his advantage last year, instead of being stuck in the U.S. without a passport?" I smirk at Mikey. He tries to act mad, but it only lasts for literally two seconds.

"I'm not as hot as Calum," he says, chuckling.

"I beg to differ!" I'm not even going to try to not smile. It won't work.

"Hurtful!" I hear Calum say, walking up hand-in-hand with Ness. I'm not the least bit surprised that it worked. I'd do the same thing as the blond, if Calum Hood asked!

We walk through the airport towards our gate and it's hard not to hold Michael's hand, but I don't. As we get closer to the gate, I spot Rob, a smile stretching across his face when he sees me. I walk over to him and he takes me in his arms, hugging me before kissing me briefly.

"Hi there! I missed you. Did you enjoy yourself?" I peek out the corner of my eye to the guys slumping down in hiding in the corner, and a smile stretches across my face.

"Oh yeah! It was amazing!" I answer. It truly was.

"You got to use your list, didn't you?" he asks happily. Oh god this is weird.

I nod and smile, looking anywhere but at him.

"Which one?" he asks.

"You gave me two!" I say, half questioningly, unsure of his reaction. He laughs.

"Well then! You did have an amazing time, didn't you?" Oh my god.

"It's all good, Sarah. Don't worry about it, ok?" I nod. "So which ones are Michael and Ashton again?" he asks.

"The ones with their back to us," I say hesitantly. "They're on the same flight back as us, just please don't say anything? Seriously! I actually got to become really good friends with them all. Please don't tease me or them about it?" Yes, I'm practically begging, but I don't want to make things any more difficult for Mikey. Not to mention I don't trust Calum to be subtle or tactful.