chapter 37

Sarah

Rob was quiet most of the flight after that. Hopefully that means he's thinking about what I've said.

We arrive in Washington DC and my parents and kids are waiting for us at baggage claim.

"Mom!" Grace yells as she comes running to hug me. I love this girl more than anything. "I missed you so much mom! Did you have fun?"

"Oh Gracey I missed you too. I had so much fun! I have a surprise for you, too." Before we separated on the plane, Ashton handed me a picture that was obviously a selfie he took and printed out at home. He wrote on it "To Grace Stay strong! Love, Ashton xx" This is exactly why I love this band. I took it out of my carry on and handed it to her. Rob looked at it then looked to me.

"See?" I tell him. Grace is in tears. "Not a single other person in the world has that picture of Ashton, Grace." She nods and hugs me tight, not letting go as we walk to the conveyor belt for Rob and I's bags. While we wait, I take a selfie of Grace holding onto me, the picture tight to her chest and send it to Ashton.

To Giggles2
Thank you. She loves it!
*img attached*

He texts back shortly after with an image of him with a derp face.

To Mrs All American
Your welcome. Miss u. Mike does to.
*img attached*

Can this boy learn to spell? Geesh!

I put my phone away and talk to my mom about the trip. I tell her about all the places I visited, the bridge climb, everything except 5sos.

"Mom? Did you find out if there really is a 42 Wallaby Way?" Casey, my youngest, asks. I just laugh.

"Unfortunately, no there isn't. I checked. Now if Grace will ever let go, I want a hug!" Grace just holds me tighter, so I hug Casey with a side hug.

"Damn boy! Quit growing! You're taller than me now!" He laughs and stands up straight, right in front of me and looks down at me and smiles. "Brat!" I tell him laughing. That brings Mason over and he does the same, although he just barely passed me in height. Casey's the youngest, but the tallest of the three.

"Shit, you passed me up, too Mason! Barely, but you did!" He hugs me then goes back by Rob. He is his father. Casey is my mommas boy.

We grab our luggage and walk to the car. We all pile in and Rob drives us home. The kids and my parents are asking a million questions to both Rob and to myself and it's total chaos, but it feels good to be around my kids again. I missed these three.

"Were you guys good for Grandma and Grandpa?" I ask them.

"Duh! Of course, They're not you!" Mason answers sarcastically. Typical Mason reply. I should've expected that.

"Mason, be nice to your mother!" my dad scolds.

"I'm just joking Grandpa. She knows that."

"It's good Dad. I'd be worried if he say anything different!"

Mom and Dad stay for a few more hours, mom had food in the slow cooker for us for dinner, but after we finish eating, they have to leave. Mom goes back to work tomorrow. I thank them at least five times for watching the kids for us before they finally leave to make the four hour drive home.

Once they're gone, Rob disappears to his unofficial "man cave". It's supposed to be a storage room, but he's turned it into a studio instead. And so returns normal life. Right back into where we were, as if we never left.