Chapter 7.

Michael

Stories like Sarah's, while sad in themselves, are so touching to hear. That's all that we want to do, make an impact on people's lives. Hearing stories of how we help people will never get old.

After everyone hugged her, she went out onto the balcony overlooking the night sky by herself. After a while, I decide to go out and talk to her. Hopefully I can cheer her up.

"Hi," I say tentatively as I close the door behind me.

"Hey," she replies with a small smile.

"You okay?" I ask, standing next to her. It's a beautiful view from up here.

"Yeah, it's just hard sometimes." I nod. I do understand.

We stand out there for about 10 minutes, just staring at the lights. Every so often, I catch a reflection of tears on her eyes, evidence that she keeps thinking about all that's happened. I wrap my arm around her shoulders and she leans her head onto me, still looking out.

Ashton pops his head out onto the balcony. "Dave's downstairs. You coming?" I look down at Sarah and shake my head.

"I'll get a ride in a bit. See ya tomorrow Ash." He nods his head and closes the door.

"You don't need to stay because of me. I'll be fine. I've been dealing with this for a long time now. I'll get through it," she tells me. I just shrug. I'd rather stay and have a chance to talk to her one on one.

A little while later, she takes a deep breath and looks up to me. "Thanks Mikey, uh Michael."

"Mikey's fine, Sarah." She smiles at my words and pulls herself off my chest. That's my cue to release her, so I pull my arm back into me and put my hands in my pockets. She turns to go inside and I follow her in, finding a single recliner to plop myself into.

Sarah

"Calum asked me out for a few drinks. Do you mind?" Ness whispers in my ear.

"Ohmygod Ness! Yes! I mean no! I don't mind! Go! Bye! I'll be fine! Have fun!" She laughs and gives me a hug. "Use protection!" she whispers so quietly I can barely hear her.

"NESS!!!" I laugh. She says goodbye to Michael and walks out the door. I lock it behind her, shaking my head.

"Where's she going?" he asks.

"To meet Calum!"

"Yes! I knew it!" he yells. His enthusiasm is so lightening. He always makes me smile!

Just then, my phone rings. I answer the call from Rob.

"Hi honey"

"Hey! How was your day today?" I tell him all about the guys showing us around Sydney, then hanging out swimming. I grab myself a Dr Pepper from the refrigerator and hold it up to see if Michael wants one. He nods his head and I take him one then open mine.

"So what are you doing now?" Rob asks.

"Just chilling out with Michael." This still sounds so weird to come out of my mouth!

"Where's Ness?"

"Oh, she went out for drinks with Calum!"

"So you're there alone with Michael, from 5SOS, on your list?" Oh my god. Unbelievable as it may sound, I hadn't thought about that.

"Oh, yeah I guess so, hu?" I tell him. List or not, this is awkward to talk about with my husband.

"Bow chicka wow wow! Just be careful! No little Clifford's in our house, please!" I spit out my soda that I just took a drink of.