chapter 75

Sarah

I know something's bothering her. And I'm 99% sure it has something to do with Calum in some way. She's struggling to find her words, and refuses to look at me. This isn't good. This isn't something Calum did, it's something Ness did that is going to hurt Calum.

"So how are you and Michael?" she asks. She's avoiding it, but I can't let her.

"It's hard with tour, but we're managing. I have a lot to do to keep me busy. How are you and Calum?" I turn it back to her to try to get her to open up to me. It's obvious she wants to, she's just afraid.

"It's too hard Sarah. I saw him a few times over Christmas, which was amazing. He's amazing. His family is great, I just, um..." she trails off into silence.

"You met someone else didn't you?" I ask her. She nods and starts crying into her hands. I move over to sit next to her on the couch and wrap my arm around her shoulder.

"It's just too hard. I don't know how you do it. I can't do it. This guy, Mark, is great. He's hot, he's funny, he really is great. But - "

"But he's not Calum," I finish for her. She nods.

"Um there's more." Oh shit Ness. Please don't say what I think you're going to say. "Uh, I might be pregnant." Fuck, you said it.

"Might be?" For her sake and Calum's, I hope she's not.

"I took two tests. One was positive, one was negative. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow."

"Do you want me to go with you?" I ask her.

"If you could, I'd really appreciate it. I mean, I have other really close friends that could go with me, but, uh, they don't know about Cal." Shit. That means if she IS pregnant, it's Calum's. I haven't had to worry about that in years until recently. This part of dating sucks ass.

"Absolutely, I'll just have Mikey drop me off in the morning and - "

"Please don't tell Michael. Please? If I'm not, Cal doesn't need to know. If I am, then I need to figure out a way to tell him myself. And figure out what to do about Mark." Shit. There's a problem with that. I swear that boy can read my mind. He's so much smarter than people give him credit for. He's going to figure it out. But I have to try. I owe it to Ness.

"I won't, but whatever happens, you have to tell Cal right away. Mikey can read me like a book. He's going to figure it out really soon."

"Okay. Thank you Sarah."

"Of course hon. That's what friends are for."

Michael

This is really strange. I've never been alone with all three of them before. Part of me sees them as friends, yet part of me see them as my own kids. That's normal, right? They are my girlfriends kids, and I do spend a good bit of time in that role with them. And I care so much about them, too. But how do you define normal? This whole situation isn't normal.

"Michael?" a voice says from beside the booth at the diner. I turn to see a girl I don't know. Well, girl isn't exactly the word to describe her. Not with a body like that. Damn. Mason starts snickering beside me. Right. Focus.

"Hi." I don't know what else to say. Sure, I've met a lot of seriously hot fans before, but I have my girlfriends kids with me!

"Can I get a picture with you?" she asks. I can't say no to a fan, even with Grace's look of disgust on her face. God I wish Sarah was here. Why'd she leave me alone with these three?

"Uh, sure!" She holds her phone out for a selfie and we take a picture, then I turn back towards her to tell her goodbye and she surprises me by kissing me on the lips. The sound of her phone camera goes off and I am pissed. I know what this is going to do. Fuck this isn't good. I back away from her immediately and she says goodbye with a smirk. Not good. Not good. Need to do damage control immediately.