PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

I watched him from behind the pillar in the Transfiguration courtyard. He was with his twin brother and they were, or what seemed to be, talking about their new inventions for their joke shop they wished to open when they had finished school. 

I found it quite fascinating watching him when he was jotting stuff down in a little notebook with an old quill and a nearly empty pot of ink. His twin was talking away happily while he struggled to write everything down.

I watched for ages still behind that pillar, I could have been there forever but he decided to put his notebook, quill and ink away then he grabbed his case of jokes in the making and stood up, his brother copied him and they headed my way.

I froze. I had to act casual as he walked by, I rummaged through my enchanted bag and found a potions book, like I needed to study Potions anyway, besides my father was the Potions Master. I leaned against the pillar and pretended to read, every few seconds flicking my eyes in his direction, and then he looked at me.

"Hey, Lucy!" He said, he looked happy with himself, my shoulders shot up towards my ears and I panicked slightly.

"H-Hi Fred, how are you?" I stuttered, I was so nervous, I couldn't believe he was talking to me, Snape's daughter, besides I looked just like him except my hair was waist length and brown, I didn't have a hooked nose, my nose was smaller. I must have taken after my mother, whoever she was...

"I'm fine thanks! Me and George have some great new inventions planned out! You should see them when we're done!" He said in a cheery voice, I lent against the pillar some more and little did I know I was sliding away from him.

"That's g-great! I will check them — " I screamed all of a sudden because I had stopped leaning on the pillar and had fallen backwards. I felt my cheeks going red, I tried to get myself up, he held out a hand I took it nervously scared that my hands were sweaty.

"Are you okay?" He asked, I felt like crying there and then, I had just made a complete fool of myself, literally. Why on Earth did I do that? Why did I shy away from him? Because I'm stupid that's why, nobody has ever really liked me...

"Yes I'm fine, I-I lost my balance, I'm clumsy like that, my dad always tells me I'm clumsy," I said in a nervous tone. I was shaking slightly and I couldn't stop.

"Alright then, I'll see you later in the common room, hopefully! Bye!" He waved, I waved nervously back and pushed a lock of hair out of the way, I bent down slowly and picked up my potions book and shoved it back in my bag.

How did I get to like Fred? Well it all happened at the start of this year...