CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: She Stays

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: SHE STAYS

The meeting ended two hours later and when it did they all heard the scrabbling off feet leaving the kitchen. Lucy excused herself from Fred and George's room and Hermione exited hers with wide eyes.

"Lucy, I'll see you — "

"Just a minute, Hermione."

Ron, Harry, Ginny, Fred and George exited their rooms to see what all the fuss was about.

Hermione bowed her head as Lucy stood at the top of the stairs, Snape at the bottom waiting for her. Sirius, Remus and Tonks lingered behind him.

"Mrs Weasley?" Lucy called.

Molly rushed out of the kitchen. "Yes, dear?"

"Would it be possible to stay with you until term resumes?"

"Why, absolutely!" Molly looked delighted at the prospect of another guest.

Snape turned to Lucy. "No."

Lucy turned over her shoulder and looked at her friends and then down at the adults. "All in favour of myself staying at the Order until term resumes please raise your wands."

Everybody except Snape raised their wands.

"The jury has decided that Lucy Eileen Snape will henceforth stay at the Order until term resumes," Lucy clapped her hands to signal the end of the debate.

"I will count to three," Snape glowered at her. "If you are not down these stairs in three seconds I will — "

Lucy sat at the top of the stairs and Hermione gasped, Sirius looked like he was going to burst a blood vessel through laughter.

Snape knew when he'd been defeated by his stubborn teenage daughter. But what did it look like in front of his students? What example did it give them?

"If you don't leave within three seconds I shall make you chase me around this whole house and don't think I won't," Lucy replied smugly. "Now let me enjoy Christmas with my friends."

Sirius began to clap and chant. "Lucy! Lucy! Lucy!"

A few others joined in until Snape raised his hand for silence. "I'll see you again when term resumes."

Everyone erupted in cheer, the Potions master had been defeated. He gave a small smirk to her which only Lucy saw, it meant: touché.

And with a crack Snape apparated.

Sirius couldn't stop laughing, Lucy stood up when he came bounding up the stairs. "That was fantastic! I've never seen the old git so lost for words!" Sirius then cleared his threat and looked embarrassed. "I didn't mean to call him an old git in front of you it's just — "

"He needs to lighten up, I know," Lucy smiled at him. "Try living with him."

"I couldn't bare it and so I bow in your presence out of respect," Sirius did a comical little bow and before he turned away he swore he saw a fleck of red in Lucy's hair.