CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: Memories of a Marauder

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: MEMORIES OF A MARAUDER

Sometime later, Molly Weasley announced dinner was ready.

Fred, George and Lucy were all sat on one bed drawing up sketches for the love potion and how they wanted the bottle to look.

"This looks great," George nodded. "But how're we going to produce so much love potion?"

"You'd be surprised how quick I can brew potions," Lucy shrugged and then stood up and the trio walked down the stairs.

"It's such a cruel prank though," Fred was aghast and paused on the stairs a moment before continuing. "I love it."

"Administering fake love certainly is and how I imagine Draco Malfoy falling head over heels for a Hufflepuff who's secretly in love with him," Lucy chuckled.

"What about Filch?" George wiggled his eyebrows.

"The love potion will only make the victim fall in love with the recipient," Lucy frowned and took a seat. "So amusing but unlikely."

She'd ended up sat opposite Sirius and one side of her was Remus while Fred took the other.

"And here's me thinking you were completely unlike Snape," Sirius' shoulders slumped. "Talking about Potions and all."

"Now surely you mean my chemistry kit," Lucy cocked an eyebrow comically and Sirius' faith was restored.

"How have you put up with him?" Sirius said in awe as Molly Weasley placed a plate of dinner in front of him.

"Sirius," Remus warned.

"You must understand that I do love him, Sirius," Lucy said and it was the most serious thing she'd said about him since arriving. She thanked Molly for her dinner before continuing. "He's a respectable man and I really do admire him. He's been a single parent all his life and it can't of been easy what with attempting to earn a living at the same time."

"He's horrible to everyone though," Harry glowered at his dinner.

Lucy took her glass of pumpkin juice in her hand. "Not quite."

"Imagine being the only one that Snape cares for, now that's impressive," Ron eyes widened in awe.

"He loves me by blood," Lucy set her glass down after taking a sip. "So he has to put up with me," she smirked.

Tonks roared with laughter. "I couldn't even imagine growing up with Snivellus greasy."

"Tonks," Molly warned as she sat down herself for some dinner. "Please be polite."

"It's okay, I get it. He's not the most pleasant of people but to me he's wonderful." Lucy smiled at Mrs Weasley for her help and she returned it.

"Did your father ever tell you that we went to school together?" Sirius asked. "Remus too."

"He mentioned it when Professor Lupin — sorry, Remus, taught us all in third year."

"Unsurprising, we weren't chums."

"I gathered, I never imagined him as very social."

Remus and Sirius exchanged a glance as Lucy cut up some of the contents of her plate.

"So what're you kids going to get up to?" Sirius brightened up.

"Studying," Hermione chirped up. "It's O.W.L year."

"Oh Hermione I envy your dedication, I was too busy fooling about to care about any kind of exams."

Ron, on the other hand, was too busy muttering something about Percy being perfect and not being able to live up to his intelligence.

"Fred, George," Molly stared them down. "I do hope that you're going to be studying for your N.E.W.Ts."

"Sure, mum," George nodded.

"So you won't be distracting yourselves with that new suitcase full of no good I saw earlier?"

Fred and George exchanged a worried glance.

"That's my case, Mrs Weasley," Lucy interjected. "The twins were helping me carry it, it's full of Potions ingredients – Sorry, Sirius," she added for good measure.

"That's very kind of them," Molly nodded once but she didn't look convinced.