CHAPTER FIVE: Wildest dreams

CHAPTER FIVE: WILDEST DREAMS

At around about ten o'clock that night Fred Weasley awoke with a start in his dormitory, he sat up and looked around as if someone had just seen his dream and was going to run around school screaming it, but what had he dreamed exactly? He was with Lucy (which confused him) it was just them two together, she was wearing the most beautiful dress you could think of, it suited her perfectly...

But the one thing that shocked Fred the most is...No wait! There were two things! One that he was holding Lucy's hand and next minute he had kissed her on the lips, why did he do that? And why was he dreaming about her in the first place? Questions, questions...

*

Lucy awoke the next morning and looked at the clock on her bedside, it was full of stars from the night sky. Snape had bought it for her when she was very young and since then she'd been fascinated by it...that was until it read the formidable time of 3:40 in the morning. She groaned loudly and rolled out of bed, she knew there was no way she'd be able to get back to sleep now.

She stepped into the common room, rubbing her eyes and yawning and saw Fred sitting there, staring into the fire. He looked so worried.

Lucy approached him cautiously and sat herself down in the empty space next to him. "What's keeping you up?" She asked gently.

Fred barely turned to her and looked at her out of the corner of his eye. He nearly jumped back when he saw who it was. "Lucy!"

She shrugged. "Sorry to disturb you, I just — "

"Merlin's beard!" He did jump up this time. He checked an imaginary wrist watch, seemingly flustered and started backing away to the stairs of the dormitory. "It's so early! I'll have to catch some sleep otherwise I'll never make it through class tomorrow, see you around!"

Lucy frowned and then grabbed a corner of her red dressing grown and lifted it to her nose.

Nope, she definitely didn't smell that bad.

What had gotten into Fred?

*

Lucy had returned to bed not so long after that but had been able to fall asleep. She couldn't help but lie awake and think about Fred's change in attitude. It was almost as if somebody had taken polyjuice potion and it wasn't really him. Yeah, that was it. He'd told Lee Jordan to do just that to help play a prank on her. Typical Fred.

But why would he be awake so early in the morning to do so? He couldn't possibly predict Lucy being awake at that t —

"Lucy!"

Lucy sat bolt upright to find Hermione jabbing her in the side with her finger and hissing frantically. She'd been drifting off in class, the lack of sleep was really getting to her now.

But it was too late. Umbridge had ceased speaking and was already striding over to Lucy's desk.

"Damn," Lucy cursed under her breath but nodded to Hermione in thanks for her efforts.

"Miss Snape, perhaps you'd like to make up the time you've missed by snoozing in my class!" Umbridge smirked, her sickeningly sweet voice was not something Lucy wanted to wake up to.

"Detention?" Lucy looked guiltily up at her.

Umbridge kept smirking. "Finally, you've answered a question correctly; detention is exactly where you'll be."

She turned on her bright pink kitten heel and stalked to the front of the class again, all the while I sat there and rubbed the faint scar on my left hand.