CHAPTER ELEVEN: Honeydukes

CHAPTER ELEVEN: HONEYDUKES

The following day everyone was back in the Room of Requirement to practice duelling. Hermione was put in charge of pairing everyone and when she called out Lucy and Fred's names Lucy scowled at her, causing Hermione to laugh. Everyone had thought that yesterday was a display of affection from Fred but what they didn't know was what happened in the hospital wing yesterday afternoon.

"Stupefy!" Lucy yelled at Fred and he blocked the spell with ease.

"Hey!"

"You better watch out, Weasley," Lucy gave a sickeningly sweet smile that was enough to rival one of Umbridge's.

"You want to play that game, huh? Expelliarmus!"

Lucy blocked his spell, already expecting his retaliation. "Nice try."

"Stupefy! Reducto! Expelliarmus!" He chanted at her and she deflected each one with ease

Since when did you become so good at blocking spells?" Fred asked, shocked at how easy she was taking it all.

The truth was that straight after coming out of the hospital wing Lucy had gone to Snape's quarters. She asked if he could help her with some Defence Against the Dark Arts work and claimed she was struggling with some basic spells. So they pulled some furniture out of the way and instructed her on how to deflect spells properly. Within the hour she was a natural and was ready to move onto some trickier work but decided against as she still felt woozy from the incident with the blood.

Lucy ignored Fred and concentrated blocking the spells, it continued like this for a while until Harry told the class to gather around and watch.

"This everyone is an excellent example of duelling, nice work, Lucy and Fred!"

But the pair were too engrossed in their duelling to notice the attention. Fred stumbled against the force of a spell Lucy had thrown and Lucy took this opportunity to disarm him. His wand flew though the hair and Lucy reached up for it and caught it.

"You must want to just bleed out and faint for me!"

The room erupted in laughter and Fred raised an eyebrow to Lucy who curtsied.

Harry dismissed the class after that and everyone filed out of the room. Lucy waited for Fred there and held out his wand to him. Before he could take it she snatched it back. "If I didn't know better I'd say someone had slipped you some Amortentia."

He grabbed hold of the end of his wand and pulled it to him but he dragged Lucy to him in the process so their bodies were pressed together. "Implying you'd administer it to me."

She let go of his wand and walked away, leaving him standing there.

*

Finally, the weekend arrived. It had been a long week for Fred but he was glad it was finally here. There was a Hogsmede trip and he couldn't wait to go out and clear his head and feel a little more like himself by wearing his own clothes. It was delightful to wear something that actually fitted properly. He combed his hair and then tossed it in his trunk before he followed George down to the entrance of Hogwarts.

"Freddie," George slung an arm around his twins shoulder. "You've been acting a little strange recently so what's up?"

"Nothing, Georgie. I'm fine." Fred's voice was reserved.