Chapter 16

"Fuck" I thought as Harry continued to glare at Zayn and I. I nervously played with the ends of my hair as I tried to look away from Harry's brooding stare.

"You know that guy?" Zayn asked motioning his chin to the curly haired boy across the hall.

I turned slightly to get Harry out of my eye sight without making it obvious.

"You don't?" I asked. I assumed everyone knew about him and his less than spotless reputation.

"I don't care much for gossip. Is he your boyfriend or something?" Zayn asked. He seemed very determined to get this information out of me.

"I-I well.. Why do you ask?" I asked trying to change the subject. I was hoping if I could get Zayn away from here, no one would have to get hurt.

"Well he's looking at me like I stole his favorite play thing." Zayn replied with a little chuckle.

Zayn calling me a "play thing" made me feel uneasy since... Well that's exactly what I was to Harry.

"So do you know him?" He asked again.

I uncomfortably shifted my weight from one leg to the other as my eyes darted from Zayn's face, to the floor, and then back to the ends of my hair.

"Let's just say.... We're sort of... Involved." I said with a nervous chuckle as I looked down to my shoes.

"You look afraid of him." He said as he placed his pointer finger under my chin to guide my eyes to his.

"I'm not afraid." I said.

Zayn gave me a look. He knew I was lying.

"I'm just- .... I don't want to talk to him."

I looked him in the face for a moment then I risked a glance over to Harry. He had his hands in his pockets while he leaned on the wall of lockers. His head was tilted down but he still glared at Zayn through his hair. Yup. Still pissed.

" I don't think he likes seeing me with you.." I stated as I looked away from harry.

Zayn smirked at my statement.

"You're with him, is that it?" He asked as he took a cigarette out from his pocket and placed it between his lips. He took out his lighter and lit the end.

I nodded my head as I let go of my hair.

"Let's give him a show then." Zayn said a he wrapped his right arm around my waist and put his right hand in my pant pocket to bring us impossibly closer as we began to walk tiny locker.

We both walked passes harry who was fuming. I didnt look at Harry once but Zayn meant what he said about putting on a show. Zayn did a fake double take when saw Harry to make it seems as if he hadn't seen him before. Zayn smiled at him and waved as he kissed the top if my head and continued walking.

We made it to my locker and Zayn untangled himself from me as I opened my locker.

"I don't know if that was such a good idea."

I stated as I tried to stuff my items in my bag as quickly as possible.

"Did you see the look on his face? That was priceless."

He said as he chuckled to himself.

Then I heard a loud BANG on the locker behind Zayn. Zayn turned around to reveal Harry. He had punch the locker behind Zayn leaving the an indent of his fist in it.

"What's up mate?" Zayn asked.

"Save the bullshit. Here's how this is going to go. I'm going to count to 2. If you aren't on the other side of this hallway by then I'm going to knock your fucking teeth in.... Mate."

He said as he clapped his hand on Zayn's shoulder.

Zayn pushed Harry's arm off him and grabbed his collar. Harry then used his right hand and punched Zayn hard across the jaw causing blood to spray onto nearby lockers.

"STOP! STOP NOW!" I yelled.but they continued.

Zayn fell to the floor while harry stepped back allowing him to stand up. Zayn wiped the blood from his lips an took a swing at harry. His fist connected with his nose and then his stomach making harry hunch over in pain. Zayn stepped back and looked at me

"GET OUTTAH HERE!" Zayn yelled.

Harry ran from the other side of the hall and tackled Zayn. That's when I'd had enough. I jumped on Zayn's back and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Get off him Alex!" Harry yelled.

"No! Not until you stop!" I yelled.

Harry took a deep breath and stepped back. He huffed loudly and stormed out of the hallway.

I looked to Zayn and he fell to his knees.

"Oh my god Zayn are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Your little friend there has a mean right hook." He said with a chuckle.

"I'm sorry." I said looking at his bruises.

"It's fine. He has an anger problem but he cares about you."

"Haha yeah sure he does." I said with a chuckle.

"No seriously. He looked hurt when he saw us. Maybe it's just me.."

I shrugged it off and helped him get to the nurses quarters. I hugged him goodbye and got onto the bus to get home. I tired to forget about everything that happened as I stared out the window. I tried to ignore the sight of Zayn's blood and most of all, I tried to ignore the wave of fear that came over me when I saw Harry get hit. I tried to dismiss the fact that I would've given anything to see him right now unharmed. He treated me like shit but I can't help this feeling. I shook it off and walked down the street towards Karen's house.

BEEP!

I turned around to face the noise and saw a car. Harry's rang rover with none other than a bruised Harry inside....