Chapter 37

Alex's POV

------------------>

Gemma led me and harry inside and began making some brownies. Harry and i sat on the couch in the living room as Harry continued a conversation consisting of alot of "fuck off"s, "your lucky I love you"s and "you're a shit head"s. I just stared at harry every so often. He looked completely happy and himself. He wasn't as rigid and closed off as he was at school. And it was a little strange to see him so open with anyone besides me.

"So Alex, tell me about yourself." She said as she poured the brownie mix into the bowl. Gemma was surprisingly easy to talk to. I don't know if it was the fact that Harry was there or the very comfortable setting she had in her house, but I told her everything. I told her about my past, Karen, Chapin.. Everything. By the end of my story Gemma was sitting down at the dining room table with me and on the other end and her listening intently.

"Wow.. I've never heard a story like that. You and Harry are both pretty fucked up." Gemma said honestly. I laughed and nodded my head.

"You've known her for two hours and you're already calling her fucked up." Harry said as he shook his head.

"What? It's true!" Gemma said. "No offense of course."

"None taken." I replied.

"So Gemma tell me a little about you." I said resting my head in my hands ready to listen.

"Well I have anger issues, I fight a lot, I work at the airport, I have an older brother named Ben, and.. Well my life is pretty boring to be honest." She said with a chuckle.

"Hey in this family, boring is good." Harry said as he sat next to me at the dinner table.

Gemma nodded her head and smiled at him. The stove made a DING sound and she got up to get our brownies. We spent the rest of the day talking like a family. I told her things he'd done and she filled me in on things he'd done as a kid that I found very amusing. All the while harry is cringing from all the embarrassing memories.

Me and harry said goodbye to Gemma and promised to visit again soon. I liked her. She was a lot like Harry. Very funny, cursed a lot, hostile, but If you're on her good side, then there's nothing to fear. Harry drove me home very early even though it old him I could've stayed out a little longer. He claimed he didn't want to have to beat a certain woman to death if I came back to him with so much as a scratch. I gave in since I was very tired. Since Karen wasn't home he carried me inside and into my bedroom. He laid me down and tucked me in. I have a faint memory of him kissing my cheek before heading out.