Chapter 20

---------|| { Alex's POV } ||---------

Harry drove in silence. He had his right hand on the steering whel while his elbow rested half way out the window and his head rested in his hand. I was staring out the window. It had been awkwardly silent for 15 minutes. If I had to endure one more minute of silence I thought I might explode.

"Do you have a cord for the radio and my iPod?" I ask as I took out my iPod.

He nodded his head and leaned over to open the glove compartment. He rummaged through it for a minute before handing me the black cord. I plugged one side into the radio and the other into my iPod. I motioned towards the device asking him if it was okay. He shrugged his shoulders and I played the first song on my playlist. "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne started to play.

"Oh my god." Harry said with a snicker.

"Don't judge me." I said as I fought a smile.

"No no. It's not that. I haven't heard this song in years. I love this song." He said as he sang along to the words as he bobbed his head to the music.

"Really? It's a good song isn't?" I said smiling.

"Uhuh .. Uhuh life's like this.. Uhuh" he sang. We pulled up to a red light and started singing to me loudly and obnoxiously.

"YOU'RE TRYING TO BE COOL! YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOL TO ME!

TELL ME! WHY'D YOU HAVE TO GO AN MAKE THINGS SO COMPLICATED?!" He shouted/sang as I laughed uncontrollably.

"You... Are.. Absolutely.. Terrible!" I shouted in between laughs. But I couldn't help but to sing with him. We rolled the windows down as we shouted the lyrics to the song to passing strangers. Once the song was over we both were out of breath from laughing.

"I think we just murdered that song." Harry laughed. "Avril would be turning in her grave." He said shaking his head trying motto smile.

"She's not dead!" I said while another fit of giggles erupted from me.

"Shut up. You know what I mean!" He said as he punched my arms playfully. Then the next song started. "Cry me a river" by Justin Timberlake.

"Oh Hell no. You made a mistake playing this song. This is my jam." He said as he snapped and mouthed the words. Just the fact that he said 'this is my jam' in that British accent did it for me. I couldn't stop laughing. He just kept on lip syncing when he noticed how hard I was laughing. He just stared at me and started smiling. Once I finally stopped laughing, Harry pulled into the parking lot of the beach. He an I stepped out of the car and went to the trunk to get Harry's bag.

"I thought you left your bag at school?" I asked.

"I did. I have a beach bag I keep in the trunk just incase." He said as he closed the trunk and slung the bag over his shoulder. Harry led the way as we walked since I had no idea where the beach was.

"Oh shit." I mumbled.

"What?" Harry asked, stopping when he realized I had.

"I don't have a swim suit." I said as I looked down at the bag clothes I wore.

"Me either. I was just going to swim naked." He said nonchalantly.

I rolled my eyes and continued. "I was going to swim in my underwear but I can't in these." I said as I pulled my sweats down reveal my red lace thong. Harry but his lip.

"You could always swim naked with me." He said as he hooked his finger into the waistband of my pants. I giggled and swatted his hand away as he continued to request in swim naked.

"We'll if you still insist to keep your clothes on, there's a surf shop down the road. I'll buy you a bikini there." He said with a grin.

"Okay." I said with a smile. As we walked we saw a couple walking down the opposite side of the street. The girl was short with blonde hair dressed in shorts an tank too. The boy was clad in some trunks. They looked over toys and began singing complicated loud enough so we could hear them. They must've heard us. Me and harry looked at each other and bursted into uncontrollable laughter.

"I've been laughing so hard my chest hurts." Harry said as he bent over and rested his hands on his knees. To catch his breath.

"I have never laughed so much in my life." I said still giggling.

"Me either." Harry said as his gaze met mine. I looked deep in his eyes and felt it. A little spark in the bottom of my stomach. Like two rocks and slammed together created a faint light. It was small but still noticeable. It was him. That smile. It was different this time. There was something that shined in his eyes that caught me off guard. I couldn't explain it... But I felt it and it was definitely there.

"Why're you staring at me?" Harry asked as he began walking. I shook myself out of the trance and began walking also.

"Wha-what? Oh sorry. Its nothing." I said turning my face to hide another blush.

"Weirdo." Harry said as he pulled the beanie off my head and began bounding down the block. I guess I'm going to have to chase him. I though as I picked up my pants a little and began racing after him. I hopped over fire hydrants and weaves between people. It was really impressive. Despite his long legs I actually caught up with him. He was running along side a grassy area and he turned back to see how far away I was. Little did he know I was directly behind him. He yelled as I leaped Ito the air and tackled him down onto the grass. I straddled his waist and pinned his arms down.

"Ha! I win." I said as I took the beanie from his hands. As I went to put it on my head one of Harrys arms slipped from under my leg and he was able to grab my arm and bring me closer. Really close. Our faces were about 3 inches apart. I felt his minty breath on my lips and froze. Was he going to kiss me? No he isn't...

Or...

Is he..?