Chapter 22

After me and Harry's thousandth play fight. He went to sit on a large tree branch that someone must've brought for that purpose. I stayed on the beach making a sand castle and watching him. He took out a large note pad and pencil from his beach bag and placed it on his lap. He looked over the water and spotted a seagull. He smiled to himself as he stared at it and began scribbling on his note pad. I brought my attention back to my sand castle. It was really phenomenal. It had 3 floors and 2 bathrooms with a pool and a mote. I smiled to myself at my work and stood up. I brushed the sand off my body. I gazed and noticed that there were little specks of gold on the bathing suit only visible in the summer sun that seemed to make my tan-skin glow. I smiled and began walking over to the water again. I sat were the water met the sand and let it wash over my toes. I breathed a deep sigh of content. Something about water always calmed me down. I closed my eyes an slid my hands and feet into the sand. The feeling of the water and the warmth of the sun was enough to almost make me fall asleep. I put my hands behind my head and laid down closing my eyes. I didn't fall asleep. I just listened to the sound of the water, the seagulls, and the faint hum of passing cars. I stayed like that for about 10 minutes. Then I decided I'd go check on what was keeping harry so quiet. I sat up and opened my eyes. I stood up and noticed I was cover in sand. I walked over to the water and jumped in. I dunked my whole body in an walked out to the shore slowly as I used my hands to slick my hair back. Harry snuck an glance at me and took a double take with his mouth agape. He leaned back a bit and just stared as I got out if the water. He smirked as I turned around and bent over for him so I could squeeze the water out of my hair. I then let my hair flow down my back as I walked to him. Harry smirked at me as I sat next to him.

"Do you know how hot you are?" He asked in a serious tone. I smiled and looked at his notepad and was shocked. On the page was a beautifully drawn portrait of a seagull. I saw the texture of the feathers and beak. It looked more like a black and white photograph than a pencil drawing.

"That is absolutely beautiful! Did you draw this?" I asked as I motioned towards the pad. He blushed deep red and nodded his head.

"May I?" I asked as I gestured towards the pad. He nodded and I took the pad in my hands as I flipped through the white pages. Every single page was decorated with incredible pictures. Some of them had color but the black and white ones were my favorite. I loved the simple beauty of them.

"These are beautiful. They are perfect. Oh my god I can't get over this one." I said as I pointed at this black and white drawing of a woman walking away with long hair in curls in a white dress. She was walking down a brick road with tress and flowers in the background. There was beauty all around her yet she seemed to outshine everything.

"Thank you.. I was going to add color today."

"Oh no. It's perfect just like this..." I said slightly above a whisper as I took in the portrait. He smiled wide with pride.

"I'm glad you like it." He said. I closed the note pad and handed it to him. The sun was setting beautifully. We both leaned back an watched the sky turn orange then pink, then purple, and then dark blue. I loved sunsets. They were beautiful.. I suddenly jumped up.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"7:30 why?" He said. I jumped up and began helping Harry put his note book in his bag.

"I was supposed to be at Karen's house an hour ago." I said rushing to put my clothes back on. Harry helped me put my shirt on and we jogged back to the car. We pulled Ito the car and began driving. I almost fell asleep as we drove and Harry kept quiet. He seemed to be thinking. He'd been doing that a lot. He parked down the street like I asked.

"Thanks!" I shouted as I closed the door. Then I heard his door close. He had gotten out of the car to walk me to the door.

"No no no. You stay in the car." I said.