Chapter 17

I scanned the streets to see if anyone was watching and I looked at my feet as I walked to the vehicle. Luckily I was down the street from Karen's house so I doubt she could've seen me. I walked over to the passengers side door and knocked on the glass. Harry didn't look at me. He reached over and unlocked the door but did so with his eyes set straight ahead. I got into the car and closed the door. We both sat there for a moment not sure what to say. I glanced over at harry slowly and saw dried blood coming from his nose and stopping at the bottom of his chin. His face was bruised, his left eye swollen and his lip was busted.

"You look like shit." I said trying to break the silence.

"Thanks." He said as he used the back of his hand to wipe his lip. He winced in pain as he brushed over the cut on his lip.

"Oh stop it. Come here." I said as I reached into my bag and pulled out some napkins and my water bottle. He looked at me uneasily as I readied my tools.

"Oh calm down I'm only going to clean it." I said pouring some water onto the napkin and folding it around my finger a bit.

I motioned for him to get closer and he did so very cautiously. I used the napkin to wipe the bloodied lip carefully but as I increased the pressure he jumped back.

"Fuck! What'd you do that for?" He asked shielding his lip.

"I'm trying to CLEAN IT!" I shouted.

"Your HURTING ME!" He retorted as the veins in his neck started to protrude.

"If you hadn't started that fight you wouldn't be in pain AT ALL!" I yelled.

"Well It's YOUR fault! You let that fuck head get his hands all over you!" Harry was furious.

"WHY DO YOU FUCKING CARE?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Harry opened his mouth but no words came out as if he wanted to say something but couldn't or didn't know how to phrase it. He sat back in his chair as he took a deep breath.

"No answer?" I asked.

"You don't make any fucking sense you know. One minute your telling me your no good. The next your taking me out places and showing me a different side of you. Then you treat me like a fucking worthless whore. And now... What? Are you going to tell me you're no good again? Is that how the cycles going to go? Is that it?" I needed answers. He wasn't making any sense.

Harry took a deep breath and wiped his palms on his knees.

"I'm just.. Having a rough time. It's hard to explain.." He said dropping his head low.

I reached over and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Try. I'm a little lost here to be honest."

Harry smiled at me a bit and took a deep breath.

"You're cool. You're different from all the other girls in this town. But based on my reputation I don't trust myself with you. I'm no good. You're definitely better off with someone... Pure."

He said with a smile as he put his hands behind his head.

"Pure? Why pure? What makes you say that? And that still doesn't explain the jealousy back at the school."

Harry chuckled

"That wasn't jealousy. It was more... Marking my territory. Everyone needs to know that you're off limits."

He smirked at me as he looked at the roof of the car.

"And I say pure because... Well I'm bad news. You couldn't handle this if you wanted to." He said a he started the car.

"This is your que to leave." He said as he motioned for me to get out of his car. I scoffed at him as I grabbed my bag and took a step out of the vehicle.

Pure? Did he think I couldn't handle him? I already proved that I could fuck better than anyone he had ever encountered and here he is doubting me again.. I swear that boy never learns.. I guess I'll just have to show him AGAIN. Pure.. Haha.. He thinks he's seen bad? He hasn't seen anything yet.