Chapter 11

During the week Naruto had in the hospital, Sasuke visited him everyday. Every single day. Sasuke always sat by the side of his bed in the visitor's chair and stayed with the blonde until he had to go home, leaving the blonde confused as ever.

'Why? Why does Sasuke come? I thought he hated my guts!?' Naruto thought as he sitting up, looking at the window to his side. As usual, Sasuke sat beside him, observing him with those onxy eyes of his. No one uttered a word. They just stayed in silence, the blonde continuing to ignore him.

'tick'

'tick'

'tick'

The clock resonated a clicking sound. The voices of the bustling, busy doctors and nurses could be heard from the other side of the door. The continuous clicking of the clock and the silence finally got to the blonde.

"Why do you even come here Sasuke?" Naruto asked in an empty tone, not even looking at Sasuke. He didn't want the bastard to think that he wanted to talk to him. Just to break the silence between them.

Sasuke, who wasn't used to Naruto talking to him, jumped a little in surprise and a few seconds later the question finally entered his mind. He looked down before taking a sigh and turned to face Naruto.

"I want all the opportunities I have to tell you how sorry I am so that you can forgive me, Naruto..." The raven said, his voice dying down.

Naruto turned his head unexpectedly and shouted, "WELL IT'S GOING TO TAKE A FUCKING LONG TIME FOR THAT TO HAPPEN!"

"Pipe the fuck down moron! There are others that can hear you. Geez!" Sasuke glared back at the blonde. To his surprise, Naruto just whispered a soft apology and looked down.

A movement of silence stretched between the two before...

"Sasuke?" Naruto asked doubtingly

"Hmm?" The raven said in reply.

"Why? Why did you do it?"

Sasuke's eyes dilated before guilt shrouded over them.

"I... I can't say right now." He said softly.

The blonde felt anger rise in him but before he could smack the hell out of the bastard...

"But I promise, I'll tell it to you. I'll tell you when I'm ready. Right now all you need to know is, it was never something you did... It was my fault." Sasuke looked at Naruto in sincerity and gave him a small smile. Naruto turned to look at Sasuke and he felt the anger drain out of him as he saw the honesty in the endless dark orbs that were Sasuke's eyes. Naruto returned the raven's smile with one of his own.

Sasuke was shocked! Completely and utterly shocked. He had a notion that Naruto would scream at him, punch him or in the least, ignore him. To see the sunshine angel smile, gave him hope for the future he and Naruto could be something mor-

"Just because I smiled doesn't mean I forgive you yet, bastard!"

Sasuke just sighed but inside, he was smiling.

The week passed and it was Naruto's final day in the hospital. The day had finally come...

He would be living with the Uchiha's.

Mikoto, Itachi and Sasuke stayed in the waiting room, anticipating for Tsunade's arrival so that they could see Naruto. It was a sunny Sunday afternoon and somehow Sasuke thought it was appropriate.

'The sun finally shines, symbolising the positive change that going to happen in his life'

Itachi looked at his little brother from the corner of his eye and saw him smiling to himself.

'The idiot is thinking about Naruto huh? He wouldn't smile like that if it wasn't something related to that loud ball of energy.' Itachi smirked.

"Thinking about Naruto?" He asked in fake curiousness .

"Huh? What? No!" Sasuke blushed, turning his face away from the view of his brother.

"Then why were you smiling?" Itachi smirked devilishly.

"None of your business Nii-san." Sasuke said defensively.

Before a fight could ensue, the sound of Tsunade's voice interrupted them.

"Ahh I see you all are here. Great!" Dr. Tsunade said.

"Is Naruto ready to be discharged?" Mikoto asked, impatient to get the blonde out of the hospital he was in for so long.

"Almost. We first need to give him a physical. His body is very wearied down from the lack of nutrition and from staying in bed for weeks." The pale blonde doctor said as she proceeded to escort the family towards Naruto's room.

Opening the door, they saw the blonde sitting on the side of his bed, looking down at the floor. From the position, the raven haired family could truly see the extent of the damage Minato has done. Small bony arms held the tiny blonde's body upright while the pale purple scars could be visible if you looked closely. Collar bones protruded out and Naruto's cheek bones could clearly be defined from his face. Mikoto felt saddened by the fact that he went through such emotional and physical trauma.

"Good morning dear!" Mikoto said excitedly, hiding her previous feelings.

Naruto looked up and smiled slightly.

"Good morning Mikoto-san."

"Lets get you ready for that physical." Dr. Tsunade said as she approached the blonde. The mention of the word 'physical' made Naruto shiver in fear. It went un noticed by Tsunade but Itachi and Sasuke realised it. Before Sasuke could say anything...

"I don't think an extensive physical is necessary. Maybe you should just make Naruto walk a bit to get his legs used to it?" Itachi jutted in.

Tsunade turned around in fury but before she shouted, she caught the hints Itachi meant and the anger calmed down.

'Of course. With Naruto's circumstances, it would scare him' Tsunade thought.

"Okay. Let's check on your legs and movement."

Sorry for ending it so abruptly. It's late and I was too tired to write more. Hope you enjoy the chapter =D