Chapter 19

It was a crisp, gloomy day as the boys walked down the brick sidewalk. The trees swayed slightly to the movement of the soft breeze, tiny green leaves fluttered through the cloudy sky. No words were spoken between the boys. One of them was too busy panicking in their head.

'How the hell am I going to explain this shit to Neji?' The raven thought as his mind wracked with solutions to remedy the current problem.

'God damn it! This fucking act brought more problems than solutions.' Sasuke thought. 

"You seem to be quite preoccupied with something. Anything on your mind?" A voice suddenly spoke. Sasuke turned to his side to see lavender eyes dissecting him again, as if they were trying to figure out the inner workings of his brain. 

"It's nothing." A short and simple answer was said and they continued to walk to Sasuke's home. 

"I'm back." Sasuke said he entered the house.

"Oh welcome back dear." Mikoto's voice could be heard from the dining room 

"Neji is here. We got a project to finish." Sasuke answered. 

"Hello Mikoto-San." The pale-eyed brunette greeted.

"Hello Neji." Mikoto smiled at him. "Inform me if you are staying for long so I can prepare you something." 

"Thanks mother." Sasuke smiled at her and walked to the staircase leading up to his room.
As both they boys were walking, Sasuke was anxiously hoping that his blonde was not sleeping in their room and hopefully somewhere else. Getting closer and closer to the door, Sasuke's anxiety was spiking up and up. He opened the door. Going inside, he saw a lump on the the topbunk bed. The raven's heart leaped up to his throat as hd thought Naruto was in the room.

'Fuck. Hopefully Naruto stays silent and Neji doesn't realize anything.' 

"So let's get to work?" Neji said as he went up to Sasuke's desk. Grabbing a chair, he sat at the side and started taking out his project files from his bag.
Sasuke sat at his seat and began working with Neji to get the project done.

4 hours later.
"Damn... It's 7.30." Neji said looking down at his watch. "Looks like I have to go. We'll finish this tomorrow. See you at school."

"Yeah sure. You know where the door  is. Later." Sasuke replied, not looking up from his work. 

Neji nodded, packing up his stuff. He got up and exited the room. As he left, Sasuke sighed in relief, surprised that Neji hadn't realized Naruto was in the room. Sasuke climbed up to the top-bunk bed to wake Naruto up. As he sat at the bed, he realized there were no sounds of breathing. Shocked and scared, he ripped the blankets off to see...

A lump of pillows.

"FUCK!" Sasuke shouted as he realized Naruto could be wondering around the house. If by chance they see each other, Neji would beat the shit out of Naruto. Sasuke immediately jumped down from the bunk and ran downstairs.

Neji walked down the stairs, admiring the well-maintained house of the Uchihas'. Everything was nicely kept and tended to. The interior decorations and furniture was to his liking. As he passed the living room to get to the door,he saw a lump on the couch, covered under some blankets. To his suprise, the blankets began moving a bit until a mop of blonde hair peeked through it. Neji immediately recognized the blonde hair, and a mix of emotions began to build up inside him. Confusion, bewilderment, anger... It all dissolved through inside him. His body took over and he walked up to it and yanked the blankets off to reveal who he suspected. 

Naruto...

Blue and lilac eyes came to meet and Naruto immediately cowered in fear. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" Neji angrily said, staring at the small blonde in hate. 

"Uh..." Naruto was speechless in fear, completely paralyzed under Neji's state. 

"Didn't know the Uchihas' would let a mongrel like you into their home. How are you here anyway? Sasuke would have wiped the floor with you by now." Neji retorted. 

Naruto winced at the memories Neji's words induced. He began to stare back at Neji with equal hate in his eyes. 

"Sasuke and I are friends." The blonde whispered. 

Neji snorted. "Yeah it seems it is. Only fools fall for you. You will always be below everyone else. Loser." He said demeaningly to Naruto. 

All of a sudden a barricade of loud footsteps could be heard. Sasuke ran into the living room to see Neji and Naruto. The fear and anger in his angel's blue eyes made him realize what had happened.
"Neji leave him alone." Sasuke said angrily at the pale-eyed boy. 

" I have no idea what made you change your ways and it bewilders me but sure. As if I want to interact with this loser any longer." Neji said as he gave Naruto one last look and walked to the door to leave. The sound of the door closing finally reached their ears. Naruto just sat their, completely still. Sasuke looked down at his love and moved to sit next to him.

"Whatever Neji said. Don't believe him. He is wrong." Sasuke said as he began to cover Naruto up with the blanket left on the floor. 

"Sasuke?" Naruto said doubtfully. 

"Yeah?" 

"Why... Why exactly did you hate me? Did I do something wrong?" Naruto looked at Sasuke with pleading blue eyes. 

"Dobe... You didn't do anything. It's just... I'll tell you when I can ok?" Sasuke answers weakly.
Naruto disappointedly nodded his head. 

"Go to your room Naruto. Get some rest. The court trail is in two days." 

Naruto just mutedly nodded and untangled himself from the blankets and walked out.
Sasuke leaned back in the couch and sighed tiredly. 

"How can I ever tell you Naru..." He whispered brokenly.