Chapter 37

'Gaara huh?' The mysterious boy thought as he walked away, the distance between him and the school entrance increasing with every silent step he took. His thoughts were preoccupied by what he heard before.

'It's Gaara.'

'It seems that everything is changing now. Everybody is changing... well except for Kiba and Uchiha's fangirls.' The boy halted near his silver car door. Opening it, he sat down on the driver's seat and sped his way out of the school gates.

"Speaking of Sasuke, wonder if he knows that Naruto is friends with Gaara." He said to himself as he drove his way home, the evening sun glaring through his windows.

"Well, atleast this will be an interesting school year."

The next day: Uchiha household

The sound of the loud alarm blared around the room, waking the two occupants that were serenely sleeping. Groaning loudly, Sasuke pulled the plug out instantly quieting the room to a deathly silence. Sitting up, he stretched his limbs, working out the kinks in his arms and back.

"Dobe, wake up." He said, stepping out of his blankets.

"Nhmm..." The blonde incoherently grumbled. Rolling his eyes, he climbed up to the blonde's bunk and sat by the edge. He smiled, looking at the sleeping boy, seeing the blonde locks splay across the cobalt blue pillow, the way the whiskered face would scrunch up occasionally and the sound of the little groans and sneezes that would emit out. Sasuke gently laid his hand on the boy's arm, gripping it softly before violently shaking him.

"Wake up idiot." He said, louder than before.

"Okay! Okay! I'm up!" Naruto exclaimed back, sitting up suddenly and pulling his arm from the raven's grip. Sasuke shook his head amusedly and jumped back down to the floor, and went towards the washroom to get ready. Grumbling to himself, Naruto flopped back down to the mattress and waited for Sasuke to finish, all the while distracting himself from thinking about the raven.

School

Sprinting to his lockers, Sasuke quickly opened the metal door and grabbed the books he needed for the first lesson before making his way to the classroom, all the while shrugging of the fangirls that clung onto him. Scowling, he opened the door and sat down at his seat, carelessly flinging the books onto the wooden table. Turning his head, he saw the dobe, sitting at his usual spot looking focused onto his book.

'Dobe's probably doodling.' The raven smirked.

10 minutes passed without the teacher entering. Sasuke sighed angrily.

'Fuck this.'

Sasuke stood up quietly, and walked out of the classroom and into the washroom. He stuffed his pale hands into his pockets and slowly walked, taking his time. As he was looking down, the raven didn't realise he was almost about to run into someone.

"Uchiha."

Sasuke looked up to see Neji's face, looking back at him, his expression converged into an almost sinister look. Looking back suspiciously, he walked past the brunette.

"Hn."

Neji turned around, watching Sasuke walk away from him. What he said next made the raven stop in his tracks.

"Seems you aren't really doing a good job protecting that blonde." The brunette smirked as he saw the raven freeze and stiffen.

Sasuke turned back slowly, his eyes hardening in anger as he stared back at the Neji's smug face.

"What did you say?" Sasuke growled lowly. The air around them thickened, the tension kept on building up as the two boys stood on opposite sides, their eyes locked on to each other.

Neji just hummed a bit before turning around and walking away.

"Just saying you should watch who your blonde is friends with." Neji said in a taunting manner. Before he could take many steps, Sasuke was behind him, grabbing him by the back of his shirt collar. Smashing him onto the nearby wall, the raven whispered closely into Neji's ear,

"Stay the hell away from him."

Neji tried to push him off, but the raven's grip was too strong, especially as Sasuke was seething in anger.

"It's not me who you should threaten." Neji growled, his eyes still flashing in smugness from seeing Sasuke looking so frustrated.

"Then who?" Sasuke said slowly, before pulling Neji and smashing him against the wall again.

Neji used all his strength and pushed the seething raven away from him. Walking some steps away from him, the lilac-eyed boy readjusted his shirt and collar and glared daggers back at Sasuke.

"You will fucking regret touching me." He said, threateningly. Sasuke snorted in disbelief.

"And what are you going to do huh? Fight back?" Sasuke said mockingly, his eyes still filled with hate and anger towards the brunette.

The pale eyes glared before it cooled down and he grinned evilly.

"Not really. Maybe I'll just screw around with Naruto. It'll be easy seeing as you don't even know who he is hanging out with."

And with those words, Neji sprinted away, leaving Sasuke dumbfounded and in complete confusion.

Looking at the diminishing figure, he stood there shell-shocked before he realised...

"Shit! I need to get to class."

With that, Sasuke ran towards his classroom to see that their teacher still hasn't arrived. Everybody's eyes were on him for a while, with the fangirls screaming and shouting their love for the raven. Ignoring them, he went to his seat and immediately his eye went onto Naruto to see blue eyes looking back at him in confusion.

Naruto perked up from his drawing as the door suddenly opened to see Sasuke walking in, his face filled with confusion and bewilderment. His eyes followed Sasuke's movements and their eyes met. The blonde mouthed the words...

'What's wrong?'

To which the raven replied back,

'We need to talk.'

Naruto cocked his head in confusion and was about to ask something when Sasuke's head turned to the front of the classroom and the interaction ended there. Blue eyes narrowed and the boy huffed. Suddenly from the side, a crumpled ball of paper met his desk. Tan hands grabbed the paper and opened it.

'What's wrong? You look confused.'

Naruto quickly scribbled something and threw it back at the sender.

'Tell you later.'

Naruto went back to his doodling not realising that Sasuke had seen that small interaction from the side glance of his eyes.