Chapter 10

Each day holds a surprise. But only if we expect it can we see, hear, or feel it when it comes to us. Let's not be afraid to receive each day's surprise, whether it comes to us as sorrow or as joy It will open a new place in our hearts, a place where we can welcome new friends and celebrate more fully our shared humanity.

Henri Nouwen

Revolution is as unpredictable as an earthquake and as beautiful as spring. Its coming is always a surprise, but its nature should not be.

Rebecca Solnit

You heard a groan and Jack asked, "Y/N what on earth—" Jack stopped speaking when he saw the redness of your arm. Yusei said, "I said the same thing, Jack." You felt your body begin to move and Yusei yelled, "Where are you going?" You answer, "I don't know! I think the mark is trying to lead me somewhere!" Both boys followed you outside and you were shaking fearfully.

You stop, making Jack and Yusei confused. You saw the sky and whisper to yourself, "This is like my first nightmare the day I left everyone sad and painfully broken." "The sky is bleeding." "Not the best way to say that but let's just go with it, Dark Magician Girl." "This is definitely something dark and evil; this is way too scary to think about now." You then saw that their marks began to glow viciously. Yusei asked, "What's going on?" You heard a screech and saw two people come out of a jeep-like vehicle. There was an sapphire-haired woman that came out with an onyx-haired man following after her. The black-haired man spoke first, "Hey Yusei, do you know what's going on right now?" Yusei shrugged, "I have no clue, Trudge." The blue-haired girl noticed your arm and exclaimed in shock, "Trudge look! That girl has a mark like Jack's!" "That's just rude."  "Amores, that's enough." "But—" "Nothing is wrong, she's just surprised." "Hmph." You ignored your spirit's childish remark and Dark Magician Girl let out an annoyed huff at Amores' expression. "Yusei, Jack, Y/N!" You heard another set of voices, belonging to Akiza, Leo and Luna. They all heaved in exhaustion with Akiza asking, "Are your marks glowing too?" The two strangers became confused, "What's happening right now?" Akiza said, "None of us know but it might be linked to those disappearances." You felt the burning sensation become stronger and you utter out, "Guys!" The sky became darker at that point, making Akiza realize that something was wrong. Leo asked, "What's wrong, Akiza?" Akiza replied, "Something is coming." A blazing object exploded as it landed in front of the eyes of the stunned people who watched it cautiously. The two strangers jumped in fright as they became scared of the mysterious object. "That looks dangerous." "How do you know that?" "I think that your sense can speak for itself." You began to approach the foreign object very slowly. It was the blue-haired stranger who spoke, "Isn't that dangerous?" You reply, "We'll never know if we don't see." The object didn't do anything at first but then sparks appeared right when you touched it. You drew your hand back as something appeared in front of the foreign object. "What is that?" "I don't know, it looks like some kind of card or something." "It looks like a monster card—" "What's wrong?" "It's nothing." Everyone heard a loud boom, causing them all to jump in half surprise and in half fear. Everyone's mark (except yours) stopped glowing. Akiza spoke, "Y/N, your mark." You said, "Stand back, everyone." It's a good thing that Jack brought our duel disks. You saw a large hole appear underneath Yusei and you scream, "Yusei!" It was too late, Yusei had fallen in it.

Yusei groaned and realized that he was chained to something. Where am I? Yusei heard a foreign voice say, "Ah, so the mortal is awake." This isn't good at all.

No one spoke to you, they were angry with you. You didn't dare to speak a word, your heart filled with an unspeakable amount of guilt, sadness and poisoned emotion. I have to do something about this, I have to find Yusei.