Chapter 14

"Evil cannot and will not be vanquished by evil. Dark will only swallow dark and deepen. The good and the light are the keenest weapons."

― Nora Roberts, Heaven and Earth

"When our thoughts, at times, wander into darkness... remember we are human and have been imbued with free will to choose the light."

-Christopher Earle

"All shadows of clouds the sun cannot hide
like the moon cannot stop oceanic tide;
but a hidden star can still be smiling
at night's black spell on darkness, beguiling"

-Munia Khan

"But you must know that only he who fights the darkness within will the day after tomorrow have his own share in the sun."

-Odysseus Elytis, The Axion Esti (The Pitt Poetry Series)

"Why are we on this wall?" That was Crow's first question after you found yourselves in the cave of darkness. You didn't respond to Crow's question and just looked at the carvings. There has to be a reason why someone must've done this. Why though? This is rather confusing to decipher. You scanned the wall once more and found something shocking. "Isn't that the statement you read before?" "Yes but, what is it doing in a dark place like this?" "I don't have a good feeling about this, Y/N." You agreed with Dark Magician Girl, this was all too strange and you didn't like it one bit. Yusei points to something, "Hey guys, is just me or is that thing moving?" You stepped back and the boulder fell down. Crow began to hit the boulder, "Hey! Get us out!" Sometimes I wonder if Crow uses his brain or not. You said, "Crow hitting that rock isn't helping us at all, so just stop." Crow asked, "Oh? How do you propose that we get out, oh wise one?" You answer, "Oh shut it will you?" Akiza said, "None of us have our duel disks with us." You reply, "You may not but I do." You took off your jacket, and revealed your arm. You add, "You might want to stand back guys." Alright, let's see if my powers will help. Jack asked, "Are you sure about this, Y/N?" You answer, "Yes Jack, I'm sure. We can't exactly use a pick axe to crush the rocks." Jack adds, "Be careful." "Do you need us?" "I need you and Dark Magician along with Tuned Magician." "Alright! Let's do this like professionals!" "You sound too excited." "Well we all want to get out of here." You declared, "I summon Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl and Tuned Magician!" "You called milady?" "Dark Magician, can you three blast this boulder to pieces?" "Of course. Shall we Dark Magician Girl, Tuned Magician?" They both nod, with Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl saying, "Twin Dark Magic Attack!" Tuned Magician followed by saying, "Typhoon of Flora!" You thought that it would work but the rock didn't budge. Damn it! Dark Magician became annoyed, "This is rather bothersome. We all attacked and it didn't leave a crack." Dark Magician Girl asked, "Y/N why doesn't Empyrean Rose Dragon destroy the boulder?" "I guess that would be a smarter choice, Dark Magician Girl." "I wouldn't say smart but sure." Yusei asked, "What are you doing now, Y/N?" You respond, "I'm trying to figure something out now, Yusei." You began to knock on the rock and Jack asked, "What are you doing?" You answer, "I'm trying to find a hollow spot." You knocked once more and found one. You then said, "I bring my Spellcasters back in order to summon, the Empyrean Rose Dragon!" With wings spread wide, Empyrean Rose Dragon let out a roar. Leo and Luna covered their ears. Your dragon bows to you and roars. You ask, "Empyrean Rose Dragon, would you be able to destroy this?" She nods in understanding and a storm of rose petals appeared as she roared once more with determination. The boulder was finally destroyed, much to everyone's faint relief.