Chapter 11 (Part 1)

Chapter quotes:

For every item that carries the darkness of humanity there's one that holds the light. And that light is worth believing in. Not just in others, but in yourself as well.

-C.M. Rayne, The Forbidden Land of Andara (Andara, #1)

When our thoughts, at times, wander into darkness... remember we are human and have been imbued with free will to choose the light.

-Christopher Earle

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.

-Bram Stoker, Dracula

I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.

-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills,
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

The shadow spirit had vanished before anyone could make a move. Everyone had left the academy after that incident.

****Later that night****

The darkness, it was all you could see. You didn't stop running, the menacing eyes of betrayal followed you as you attempted to sprint to a safer place. The eyes of your friends and lover were cold as ice. They didn't look like they wanted to speak in terms of peace at all. The Signer dragons appeared before you, their spirits calling for help. Zaros was cackling at the fact that you were helpless. The only thing that was keeping you from them, was their mind. The flames drew closer to you as you tried to run—

You bolted up in bed, sweating from the nightmare that just occurred in your mind. Your mark smoldered as you tried to keep your breathing even. You whisper to yourself, "That seemed too similar to the first one I had. Why does this keep happening?" "Can't sleep?" You sigh, "After what happened yesterday, I don't think that I can sleep at all." "I understand though, you're just afraid." "To tell the truth, I'm more afraid of losing my friends to the darkness." Your spirits saw how upset you were and you felt something land on your head gently. "Don't be sad, Y/N." "Thanks guys."

****The next morning****

You feel a sense of betrayal unknown to your heart. What is this?

You walk through the halls of Duel Academy, trying to find yourself as you walked through the crowd. Something didn't feel right though. Something felt like it didn't fit. "What is it?" "Something's off, like it shouldn't be here. Would you guys go investigate for me please?" "You can count on us!" You then look at your left sleeve which had your Signer mark engrained on it. What is this feeling? Why am I feeling it now? What does this all mean?

"Y/N! Earth to Y/N!" You jump at Akiza's voice and she sighs again, "I've called you three times already, what's wrong?" You exhale, "Akiza, something doesn't feel right." She became comfused, "What do you mean by that?" Before you could answer, both of your marks began to blaze ferociously. "Y/N wait!" Akiza sighed once more, "Sometimes I wish that she wouldn't leave like that." She followed after you.