Chapter 12

Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.

-Mark Twain

People who are unable to stand within the dark places of life, those who are always running towards their happy places, are the same things as candles without flames. There is no worth in a candle without a flame, and we only add the flame when there is darkness. Without darkness, there would be no need for warriors and angels. Warriors are not made because the whole world is happy and angels were not formed because there are no demons. Be of worth, have a flame.

-C. JoyBell C.

There is no denying that there is evil in this world but the light will always conquer the darkness.

-Idowu Koyenikan

Broken. That was how you felt. After that fight with Zaros, you felt drained and shattered. Your relationship with Jack was almost destroyed. Jack. He never looked at you the same way he did before. "What's wrong?" "It's nothing. I'm just fine, Amores." "That's hard to believe, Y/N. You look really sad." "It's Jack, I'm afraid that he doesn't love me anymore." Amores didn't reply, instead you heard Dark Magician Girl speak, "Jack does love you, Y/N. I think this shadow spirit thing is worrying him and Jack is the type of person who's stubborn when it comes to his feelings." "I'm just scared, Dark Magician Girl. That nightmare keeps haunting me and I can't stop thinking of how real it is." You feel a hand on your head, and you look up to see Yusei. "Oh, hi Yusei." He sat beside you. He asked, "You okay?" You sigh, "I don't know anymore, Yusei." Yusei questioned, "I something bothering you?" You answer, "It's Jack, Yusei. I'm worried about him, he's not acting like he usually is. I hope that he's okay." Yusei said, "I think that you should talk to Jack yourself, Y/N." He adds before leaving, "Just be honest with him and he'll listen to you."

"Y/N?" "What is it?" "Jack's staring at you." You ask, "What's wrong?" Just be honest with him and he'll listen to you. Before you could speak, Jack asked, "Can we talk, love?" You both said, "I—" You shake your head, "You go first, Jack." Jack shakes his head, "No, you should talk first." Here goes. You breathe out, "I'm worried about you." You then felt yourself burst into tears. "Y/N don't cry." You spoke through your tears, "I-I can't help but worry about you, Jack! I'm afraid that you've lost interest in this relationship, and that you don't love me anymore." Jack looked confused, "Why would you-" He then realized what you meant, "Y/N, I'd never lose interest in you." He wipes away your tears and kisses your fingers. You sniff and Jack pulled you into a gentle embrace.

"Mm." That was the first sound you made when you awakened. You tried to get up but you were held back by a pair of strong broad and muscular arms.

Dark Magician Girl comments, "I'm glad that she's okay now. She looked so upset before, poor thing." Amores of Prophecy responds, "Y/N has always been the sensitive and gentle type of girl. Even when we first met her, she was always smiling." Breaker the Magical Warrior appeared and shuddered, "Don't remind me please, the guy that had me before was a total creep. I'm just happy to be one of Y/N's cards and not one that turned into something forgotten." "You guys know that I'm awake, right?" They froze and didn't say anything after. You shook your head and Breaker turned red in total embarrassment. The female spirits began to laugh but stopped when they heard another groan. That must mean Jack is waking up. Jack let out a yawn and saw that you were awake, "Hi, beautiful." You flushed cerise at the nickname he just called you.

****The next day****

You were back in your own bedroom and you had suddenly felt faint. "Are you alright, Y/N?" You didn't answer, making everyone else worried.