Chapter 15 (Part 1)

A/N: This is the pre-final battle. I apologize if I went too quickly with all of the details and if the battle scenes sucked.....I'm tired. It's been a stressful and upsetting week for me. Thank you all for being so sweet and kind when you read this story. You make me so happy with your comments.

Chapter quotes:
There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.

- Malcolm X

I think heartbreak is something that you learn to live with as opposed to learn to forget.

- Kate Winslet

I eye 'Modern Love' warily between that second and third cup of coffee on Sunday mornings, calculating how much of a push I need to get through the day's unhurriedly earnest saga of heartbreak and recovery.

- Sandra Tsing Loh

Every good citizen makes his country's honor his own, and cherishes it not only as precious but as sacred. He is willing to risk his life in its defense and its conscious that he gains protection while he gives it.

- Andrew Jackson

Confidence... thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

****Three days later****

"Y/N you can't stay in bed forever." "Yes I can and I will." Dark Magician Girl and Tempest Magician shook their heads. You didn't get out of bed, you didn't have the energy to do so. You didn't want to see anyone after what had happened between you and Jack yesterday.

Empty. That is how your heart felt without Jack. You wanted to see him but you knew that would spell disaster for the both of you.

"Jack, come on man! You've been sleeping all day!" Crow had become annoyed with Jack's new habits. He felt guilty that he had said those things to you but he was also fed up with how vague you always were with him. Yusei spoke up, "Crow, I think that we should leave him alone." I'm sorry Y/N but I'm doing this for the both of us. I can't let you hurt anyone else. Jack stared at the ceiling and heard something explode. He just shook his head and continued to stare at the ceiling.

Akiza was mad at Jack, she felt like she was about to tear his head off. Jack, you're so stupid sometimes! You'd better brace yourself, I'm actually going to shoot you this time. She walked into the warehouse and Yusei said, "I know what that look means, Akiza. I know you're mad at him but I think that we should leave both Jack and Y/N alone." Akiza exhales in frustration, "I haven't seen Y/N since Jack said what he said. I'm more worried about how she's taking this thing."

Maybe I should just clear my head by going for a walk. You grabbed a coat from your closet and leave the orphanage, note left on a table for Blister. "Are you okay?" "No in all honesty, I feel numb." You walk through the familiar forest where Jack had first found you after you had run away from everyone.

Jack didn't move from his spot and he began to think of your reaction to what he had said. I'm such an idiot but I know that this is the only way that I can protect her. I wish I could turn off my emotions. Jack felt his arm being slapped and he groaned at the sudden pain, "What the-" He saw a very scary looking Akiza Izinski. Akiza spoke angrily, "Jack Atlas! You're lucky that I'm not angrier than I already am or else you would be dead right now!" Crow held Akiza back, "Calm down, Akiza. Killing Jack isn't going to solve any problems right now." Akiza just huffed before attempting to slowly calm herself down. She then walked up to the doors and Yusei asked, "Where are you going?" Akiza answered, "I'm going to go find Y/N."