Chapter 3

****The next day****

You were still reeling from the emotions you felt yesterday. You shake away the feeling and get ready for school.

You arrive at the academy and as you head straight for the duel runners, you notice that there's a commotion. What's going on? You saw Miss Bartlett and you asked, "What's going on, Miss Bartlett?" She said, "It's bad, Y/N. The bullying has gotten worse. There's a group of students ganging up on the other ones." You said, "Lead the way." You follow her to the centre of the entire situation.

Akiza Izinski became annoyed at the group of students. She asked, "Why are you even doing this?" The boy remarks, "Turbo duelling doesn't deserve to be learned by amateurs." They both hear a voice that asked, "Who told you that?" Akiza wonders to herself, "Who's that?"

You heard the boy say, "Turbo duelling doesn't deserve to be learned by amateurs." You spoke up to the boy and ruby-haired girl, "Who told you that?" They both turn around and the boy's eyes widen, "Oh Y/N—" You said, "Don't "Oh Y/N me", everyone deserves to learn how to turbo duel whenever they need." You saw the aqua-haired kids again. The boy said, "Hey look Luna! It's her again!" You heard people whispering, "That's the girl who's always around the duel runners." You then said, "If you think that you have to be the best duellist in order to turbo duel, then you're severely mistaken!" "Y/N calm down, if you get any angrier you won't be able to control your powers." You calm down and add, "Look, you can't just say it when you've never turbo duelled before. Everyone learns differently and everyone has to go at their own pace when they're learning."

Akiza asked Miss Bartlett, "Who's that girl you brought?" Miss Bartlett answers, "That's Y/N L/N, she's the kindest girl you'll ever meet. She's supposed to be one of the best turbo duellists here at Duel Academy."

You let out a sigh and walk towards the duel runners, crowd dispersing quickly. You saw the red-haired girl standing in front of one of the duel runners, making you confused. She asked, "So you're a turbo duellist?" She adds quickly, "Miss Bartlett told me." You rub the back of your neck, "Miss Bartlett is exaggerating, I'm not the most amazing duellist." "Why can't you just accept the praise?" "Not now, Amores." "I'm just saying." You said, "There's just something about duelling that brings people together that makes me happy." You heard someone say, "Hey Akiza." You saw Yusei standing at the door, toolbox in hand.

The scarlet-haired girl asked, "You know Yusei?" Yusei clarified, "I met her when Crow, Jack and I were visiting Martha. She lives at Martha's orphanage." You asked, "What brings you here, Yusei?" He answered, "I heard that there were some duel runners that need to be looked at." You said, "Well, in all honesty I do need a hand with some of them." His eyes widen, "Wait, you're telling me that you check on all of these runners?" You reply, "Yes, I do. It's a bit hard though but I can manage." The scarlet-haired girl asked, "Mind if I stick around?" You smile, "Of course not, I'd like the company."

You led Yusei and the vermilion-haired girl to where the duel runners were. You observed the brakes on the runner in front of you, but as you turned a bolt, the duel runner exploded, releasing a cloud of dark and cloudy smoke. You cough and mutter, "That was gross." Yusei asked, "You okay over there?" You respond, "I'm fine." "More like you're smoked." "Shut up Amores." "Geez, it's just a joke." You wipe your smoke covered face with a cloth and continue to do the checkup. The vermilion-haired girl questions, "Is there anything that I can do to help you?" You answer, "Yes, actually there is. Please hand that blue screwdriver to me, along with those silver screws." She does so and she then said, "I've never seen you around here before." You replace a screw and respond, "I'm usually here majority of the day and I rarely ever get a chance to go back to the classroom. These duel runners take up most of my time."