Chapter 1

You looked up at the ceiling and sigh to yourself. I can't believe that I've been here for so long now. "You're doing it again, Y/N."  You thought that your ability to see duel monsters spirits made you "abnormal". "Y/N!" You had been living at Martha's orphanage since you were small. You couldn't remember who your parents were, Martha had found you when you were walking alone one cold and dark night. "Y/N! Hurry up, you're going to be late for school!" You finally got up and reply back, "I'm coming, Martha!" You quickly got dressed and went downstairs.

Martha shook her head at you, "One of these days you're going to be late for school, young lady." You respond, "I'm not going to be late, Martha." You then add, "I'll see you later!" You give her a quick hug before starting your duel runner and driving to the academy.

You park your runner and head inside, making sure that you didn't bump into anyone on the way. You saw the duel runners and smile to yourself. "You always look happy when you're near a duel runner."  "That's not my fault you know, Dark Magician Girl." "I'm just saying though, you seem more at ease when you're doing your usual checkups on them." "Well, I haven't met anyone that knows who I am or has any interest in these runners."  You stop for a moment before going back to your maintenance work. You didn't realize that someone was looking at you until you turned around. "Sorry, Y/N. I didn't mean to scare you like that." You smile, "It's fine, Miss Bartlett. I was about to take a break anyway. Is there anything that I can help you with?" She looked uneasy as she spoke, "Someone is bullying one of our younger students and it's gotten bad. Would you mind helping me?" You answer, "Not at all."

You follow Miss Bartlett and see a young girl with aqua pigtails cowering in fear. "What's wrong, Luna? Scared your fairies can't save you?" You then see another person, but this time it was a boy who had the same aqua hair in a ponytail. "Leave Luna alone!" "I really hate people like that." "Join the club, Amores. I don't like it when someone like that wants to hurt their fellow classmates with those words." "Milady you're going to have to intervene, it's getting worse." "I know Dark Magician, this is why I stay as far away as I can from things like this."  You shake your head and sigh with annoyance. You then stand in front of the two aqua-haired children and remark, "You know, it's not nice to bully your classmate over something so trivial." The male student rolls his eyes and walks away. You put your hand out to the girl and ask, "Are you alright?" She nods, "Thank you." You give her a smile, "It's no problem at all." You then say to Miss Bartlett, "I'll be where the duel runners are if you need anything." Miss Bartlett nods and you walk away.

Leo whines, "I was trying to protect you, Luna!" Luna responds, "You could've gotten hurt, Leo!" Luna then wonders, "I wonder who that girl was, I've never seen her before." Leo said, "Whoever she was, she must be a really good duellist. Have you seen her uniform? She's an Obelisk Blue!"

****Later that day****

You fell back on to your bed, exhausted from the day's events. You then got back up and changed into something more comfortable. You went downstairs and saw Martha sitting at the dining table. Martha said, "Oh hello Y/N, how was school?" You answer, "It was fine, apart from two kids nearly getting beaten up over nothing." She asked, "Who were the kids that almost got hurt?" You shrug, "I didn't catch their names." You then add, "I hope that those two kids are alright though." Martha responds, "I'm sure they're fine, Y/N. Come on now, it's your turn to help with supper tonight." You nod and follow her into the kitchen.

You sat on your bed after supper and think of what happened today. You then think of the look on the aqua-haired girl's face when you came to her rescue. You shake your head at the memory and exhale to yourself. You heard a crash and followed the sound, as it was coming from downstairs. You then heard, "I told you a million times Crow, don't touch those!" You peeked into the room and froze when you saw three boys standing in front of Martha as she gave one of them an annoyed look. Martha saw you and then said, "Oh Y/N! I want you to meet some people I took care of before." You sigh and think, "Great, this is going to be awkward."